New E160S arriving in few days - Invisiframe or Ride Wrap?

billium

Jul 10, 2022
Sussex
Both seem to make comparable custom kits though Invisiframe is about £40 less for frame + fork as of today.

Rob did a review a while back on a Specialized kit where a front part of the downtube was not covered. - not good!
Another reviewer of some other bike ( YT perhaps) complained about a piece cut backwards requiring scissors to fit.

This leads me to suspect there are well made custom kits and some not so good.
The person measuring/designing the kit could have a bad day or perhaps they must cut from a standard sized sheet so might be forced to omit a piece to fit the blank sheet.

Have you applied a Frame kit to your E160? If so which one and how did it fit?

JonnyManc

Apr 18, 2023
Cumbria
My lbs is invisiframing mine on Wednesday, before I pick it up.

Ride wrap were not an option as they don't have a kit for the 29er e160 apparently (according to the website anyway)... And a few friends use invisiframe and sweat by it...

billium

Jul 10, 2022
Sussex
My lbs is invisiframing mine on Wednesday, before I pick it up.

Ride wrap were not an option as they don't have a kit for the 29er e160 apparently (according to the website anyway)... And a few friends use invisiframe and sweat by it...
Ha, I have the reverse problem - I am getting a Mullet which Ridewrap does have a kit for, soooo this suggests that the 29er frame is different yet Invisiframe has no choices for 29er vs Mullet - suggesting they think they are the same!
I have reached out to them for clarification but have not heard back yet

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles