New Bosch SX Motor info

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
Anyone heard any more on the new SX motor? Seems to have gone very quiet on this since launch. Can’t seem to find any info on which bikes are likely to have this fitted, or maybe new models, what’s your best guess ? I think I remember reading somewhere that Whyte were planning something but that’s about it.

SenditOTB

Oct 12, 2020
Germany
Tested the new bosch sx on a M1.en.400.sx (i think thats the correct title lol). Amazing ride feel, probably gonna switch out my sam2 6.9 and maybe even ditch my rallon as well.

Other notable bikes would be the conway ryvon lt (also enduro). There are like 4 more bikes presented which are all more trail/ am oriented though. Nothing else as far as i know.

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
Tested the new bosch sx on a M1.en.400.sx (i think thats the correct title lol). Amazing ride feel, probably gonna switch out my sam2 6.9 and maybe even ditch my rallon as well.

Other notable bikes would be the conway ryvon lt (also enduro). There are like 4 more bikes presented which are all more trail/ am oriented though. Nothing else as far as i know.
Nice one, thanks for the info. Just been checking out the KTM scarp, very nice at 16.5 kg 😁. Struggling to find M1 availability in the Uk 😩

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
I saw whythe also presented some light emtb MtbCult.it - Mountain Bike Culture Magazine Google translate), from the preview seems like the sx is gonna be a wonderful motor, less compact compared to fazua or tq but giving better riding feelings
Yes I think the whyte could be the one for me as it’s Uk. The sx with the 600w max is the sweet spot for me. I’ve ridden the shimano 60nm motor in the rise and felt it was a little weak for my needs. It seems the extra watts the sx has will provide the extra bit I’m looking coming down from full fat.

SenditOTB

Oct 12, 2020
Germany
Bosch sx feels incredible. Got punch when you need it and otherwise feels very natural. I love my full fat, but for me its a little too speedy and disconnected from the natural bike feeling at times. Tq was a little too weak for my taste and I just cant get used to shimano. If you enoy the bosch sx and are fine to put in a little more work you will love the sx. M1 felt incredibly nimble and agile with it

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
Bosch sx feels incredible. Got punch when you need it and otherwise feels very natural. I love my full fat, but for me its a little too speedy and disconnected from the natural bike feeling at times. Tq was a little too weak for my taste and I just cant get used to shimano. If you enoy the bosch sx and are fine to put in a little more work you will love the sx. M1 felt incredibly nimble and agile with it
Sounds just right for me. I have a different fitness level to the one I had 3 yrs ago when I bought my FF. just don’t need the extra power and battery (and weight) it has. I find myself pushing round a 25kg bike switched off for a large portion of my rides

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles