New Bosch FW 1.0.3.0

jodo

Mar 27, 2020
Sweden
Hi!
I have a Bosch CX 2020 and went to my dealer yesterday to get the eMTB-mode activated.
When I left I realized that I had received a new FW for the drive unit. 1.0.3.0
I’ve looked everywhere for release notes or some kind of change log but can’t find anything. Do you guys know anything about it?
Is it possible to downgrade if necessary?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
There was supposed to be a FW update which boosts the torque to 85 ? not sure if that's included in that one .. I thought the previous was 1.0.2.0.

Could just be changes to stop things like badass boxes working with the Gen4 ?

jodo

Mar 27, 2020
Sweden
Interesting if it results in increased torque. Hypothetically, if I would want to install a badass och speedbox, is it possible to downgrade to 1.0.2.0?

localone

Jun 17, 2019
Bilbao
Hi!
I have a Bosch CX 2020 and went to my dealer yesterday to get the eMTB-mode activated.
I’ve looked everywhere for release notes or some kind of change log but can’t find anything. Do you guys know anything about it?
Do you feel more power? 85nm?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
It's got improvements to the tamper detection software to stop false detects.

It does not have any performance increase and after talking to someone at a Bosch Service Centre they haven't heard of any performance increase in the pipeline.

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
It's got improvements to the tamper detection software to stop false detects.

It does not have any performance increase and after talking to someone at a Bosch Service Centre they haven't heard of any performance increase in the pipeline.
It was rumoured they were also looking for a software based fix to the knocking sound that occurs when descending, though I'm not really sure how software can fix mechanical noise! Maybe that is included too...

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
It was rumoured they were also looking for a software based fix to the knocking sound that occurs when descending, though I'm not really sure how software can fix mechanical noise! Maybe that is included too...

I've no idea how the Bosch works.. but .....

If the noise comes in when the motor is past the de-restriction point and is part of a clutch mechanism, maybe they could re-engage when it thinks your descending but not pedalling ?

Or if it's just a rattle between cogs, again, maybe they could bleed a tiny amount of power in to engage the gears, again when it thinks you're descending and not pedalling ??

Do we know if anyone with a de-restricted bike still has the noise ?

Is it possible to engage "walk mode" on a bosch and hold it on whilst you're descending/rattling to see if it stops the rattle ??

I'm not saying any of these are the case or even the solutions .. just throwing around hypotheticals .. or patheticals ... :)

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Is it possible to engage "walk mode" on a bosch and hold it on whilst you're descending/rattling to see if it stops the rattle ??
No.
1. In walk mode the pedals rotate.
2. Walk mode is deactivated if the torque sensors detect any pressure on the pedals.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
From my few rides on the Gen 4 I dont see how a software update could "fix" the sound issue, as it seems to me to be a purely mechanical noise

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Someone sold me this car, it was a bit pricey but I think it just needs a software update to get it back on the road ?

83B3D2B6-43AD-46F6-809D-03CF6BA280FE.jpeg

localone

Jun 17, 2019
Bilbao
I've no idea how the Bosch works.. but .....

If the noise comes in when the motor is past the de-restriction point and is part of a clutch mechanism, maybe they could re-engage when it thinks your descending but not pedalling ?

Or if it's just a rattle between cogs, again, maybe they could bleed a tiny amount of power in to engage the gears, again when it thinks you're descending and not pedalling ??

Do we know if anyone with a de-restricted bike still has the noise ?

I'm not saying any of these are the case or even the solutions .. just throwing around hypotheticals .. or patheticals ... :)
Both bikes have the noise, restricted and not restricted.

PJ27

Jan 8, 2020
Gosford, NSW
Hi!

Hi Jodo, did you see the software was upgraded to 1.0.3.0 on your display? Do you have a Kiox? Mine is in the LBS as an error code appeared whilst starting a ride on the road - error 504. Bike is completely standard and only 500kms. From reading on this forum software upgrade can assist in this error as it appears to be happening to others as well. So want to check when get bike back

jodo

Mar 27, 2020
Sweden
Hi Jodo, did you see the software was upgraded to 1.0.3.0 on your display? Do you have a Kiox? Mine is in the LBS as an error code appeared whilst starting a ride on the road - error 504. Bike is completely standard and only 500kms. From reading on this forum software upgrade can assist in this error as it appears to be happening to others as well. So want to check when get bike back
Hi PJ27! I have Intuvia and I see that I have FW 1.0.3.0.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles