Rail (750Wh) New Bosch 750 What?hour battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomroy

Aug 18, 2020
Australia
So decided to upgrade from the 21 Trek Rail 9 to the 22 Trek Rail 9.8 XT with 750 Bosch smart system. With the larger battery and only using tour mode I am struggling to get even the same mileage that i could get out of my old bike. Only plus so far is the motor seems a little quieter (less rattly) on the downs. I did not expect a huge improvement on mileage, but thought i would at least get 10 percent better running identical tires.

Nato

Jan 10, 2020
Australia
Same problem here, identical bike set up, identical 50km loop, identical modes and the 750wh bike only just makes it with 4% battery left. The 625wh bike will do it with 13-15% left.
I’m not a smart man but I would have thought that that the 750wh bike would do the loop more percentage left. My bikes going back to trek, I’m not wasting $12.5k on a bike with a bigger battery that doesn’t go as far as the 625wh bike.

Tomroy

Aug 18, 2020
Australia
I would do the same, but unfortunately I sold my Rail 9 before my new bike arrived. My wifes Focus Jam with 625wh Bosch is getting better range than my 750wh, it seems to just suck power even when riding bitumen.Its only barely getting better range than my Rise Hydro. Extremely disappointing.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
There's quite a lot in here about it where it's been extensively discussed :

And even more in here :

Nato

Jan 10, 2020
Australia
There's quite a lot in here about it where it's been extensively discussed :

And even more in here :

Thanks, didn’t know those threads were there 👍🏻

slomtbr

Subscriber
May 14, 2021
US
The new TOUR mode is probably TOUR+, whereas TOUR on your 2021 it could be EMTB Lite. I've found EMTB Lite to be better for battery life, as the assistance level doesn't ramp up as far as TOUR+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles