New bike no spoke pic up magnet?

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
A friend of mine has just popped round with his new bike he purchased today, 140 slt 2020 model. He knows nothing about bikes yet so we will set it up over the weekend together.

The thing is he's had a ride around the carpark of the shop and said it rides fine, after looking around the bike there is no spoke pick up magnet :unsure: How the hell did this bike run?

I've not had a go on it and we didn't try it at my house, he's loaded it in his van and drove home adamant all is well. Whats the consequences of riding the bike without the magnet? I've never tried but can only assume something is amiss.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Like this :

maggg.jpg

And the link, but only because it was so cheap incase anyone wants a spare.

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
Its the old pickup type with the sensor on the swing arm that picks the spoke magnet up. its the same on every cube, I've checked a cube slt picture on line and it shows a spoke magnet.
Maybe it fell off after his ride, I guess i will find out over the weekend after he's given it another ride :)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Maybe it fell off after his ride, I guess i will find out over the weekend after he's given it another ride :)
The Bosch should come up with an error..... I know they updated the firmware to reduce the number of random errors, but I can't beleieve they would have taken it out completely .. He'll either have no assistance limit ?!?! or no assistance ......

If it's the later, he will have incredible range !

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
lol. Lets just say he's one of those people that no best, after pointing out his magnet was missing he was adamant it all works as it should and his ride in the carpark confirmed this. I couldn't be arsed to try it last night and he's working today so lets see how we get on. Tomorrow I've been tasked with sorting his tyres out to tubeless.

I was also going to set up his sag and check over the bike but apparently that's all been done buy the shop while he was there. 50% sag on his front forks should work well lol.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I couldn't be arsed to try it last night and he's working today so lets see how we get on. Tomorrow I've been tasked with sorting his tyres out to tubeless.
I think I'd introduce him to the world of tubeless and tyreless and see how he gets on ?? Remember, you instantly save a couple of kg's ! With luck, he'll love it and think you're a magician !

If he's not got any assistance, you can take his battery out too and save another 3? kg's ! Tell him you've used a few tricks and it now weighs the same as an Aluminium Levo SL so he owes you a box of beer ! :ROFLMAO:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles