New bike day, ish...soon

alexbeck175

Jul 2, 2020
Middleton, Manchester
Placed an order for the 2021 reaction hybrid 625 sl.
Previous was the hybrid pro, so a suitable upgrade. I commute most of the time so a hardtail was my personal choice.
I picked this over the pro/race for the slightly better options it comes with. Boost rear, 4 pots, fork choice and nyon.
Should collect next week, so hopefully get some pics up soon.

Doug e+

Aug 22, 2020
Ayrshire
Placed an order for the 2021 reaction hybrid 625 sl.
Previous was the hybrid pro, so a suitable upgrade. I commute most of the time so a hardtail was my personal choice.
I picked this over the pro/race for the slightly better options it comes with. Boost rear, 4 pots, fork choice and nyon.
Should collect next week, so hopefully get some pics up soon.
Hi Alex, it will be good to see how you compare the SL to the Pro. Can’t wait to see the pictures ?

alexbeck175

Jul 2, 2020
Middleton, Manchester
Picked the bike up saturday.
I swapped the crappy plastic pedals for some burgtecs before it even left the shop :)
First impressions the bike looks better with battery hidden, gives a more sleek look.
The nyon was quite easy to setup and link with my smartphone.My previous bike was purion so the nyon is a huge upgrade.

I switched the nyon position around as it seemed to stick out way to far. A couple of torx screws and 10 mins.
A couple of rides in and it feels great. The forks are quite good, and the lockout does a good job of keeping them solid.
The Gen4 motor has very little resistance, gone are the days of hitting the cliff at 15mph.
There is some there, but very mild and nothing like the previous Gen3 motor i was used to.

The gear shift also took me by surprise, i'm used to using thumb & finger for shifting. The sram only requires the thumb.

I'll be swapping the smart sam tyres for some slicks soon, the new 2021 schwable super moto's with addix have caught my eye.
Ive not done enough rides to comment on battery life just yet. But i'd expect more with it being the 625.

20201014_124633.jpg

Doug e+

Aug 22, 2020
Ayrshire
Picked the bike up saturday.
I swapped the crappy plastic pedals for some burgtecs before it even left the shop :)
First impressions the bike looks better with battery hidden, gives a more sleek look.
The nyon was quite easy to setup and link with my smartphone.My previous bike was purion so the nyon is a huge upgrade.

I switched the nyon position around as it seemed to stick out way to far. A couple of torx screws and 10 mins.
A couple of rides in and it feels great. The forks are quite good, and the lockout does a good job of keeping them solid.
The Gen4 motor has very little resistance, gone are the days of hitting the cliff at 15mph.
There is some there, but very mild and nothing like the previous Gen3 motor i was used to.

The gear shift also took me by surprise, i'm used to using thumb & finger for shifting. The sram only requires the thumb.

I'll be swapping the smart sam tyres for some slicks soon, the new 2021 schwable super moto's with addix have caught my eye.
Ive not done enough rides to comment on battery life just yet. But i'd expect more with it being the 625.

View attachment 42149
Great review so far on your new SL. I was thinking on upgrading my purion but wasn’t sure if the extra cost was worth it as I use a garmin at present. First bike I’ve had with the thumb thumb shift too and I’m liking it. Battery is awesome, I commute 44 miles weekly and battery is still above half.
keepmus posted on how you get on with your SL and enjoy ?

alexbeck175

Jul 2, 2020
Middleton, Manchester
Great review so far on your new SL. I was thinking on upgrading my purion but wasn’t sure if the extra cost was worth it as I use a garmin at present. First bike I’ve had with the thumb thumb shift too and I’m liking it. Battery is awesome, I commute 44 miles weekly and battery is still above half.
keepmus posted on how you get on with your SL and enjoy ?

About 50 miles done on the bike so far.
Took a few rides to get the seat in the correct height/ angle. I also moved the bars and levers slightly.
Although Ergon seat & grips are on order.
I've found the motor working very well and the brick wall i would hit on the previous Gen3 motor is a thing of the past thankfully.

Battery life seems good too.
The nyon display is great, gives plenty of information and linked with the app lets me track rides etc. saves having to start/stop apps on my phone to log rides ( strava/endomondo etc).
The fork is quite good too, whilst its not the best it certainly beats the suntour that comes on the other models.
I will give the bike around 100 miles and give everything a good tighten and check over.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles