New bike day ibis oso inbound i believe what are peoples thoughts

Dano78

Dec 3, 2019
Uk
So was hoping to hear from people who have one already and hear about good and bad points

Screenshot_20230906_082434_eBay.jpg

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Niiiiiiiice!
I was tempted by the recent price drop, but remained strong. A couple friends ride Osos and really like them. My #2 bike is an Amish Ibis, and it's been good. Ibis customer service has always been helpful. The only thing that seems sub-optimum on the bike is the display hanging on the bars. I buddy has a Trek with a similar arrangement, and he got a bracket that attaches to the headset. It looks much more sanitary, and keeps the display from contacting the ground for those times you're upside down. The spoke reflector is a nice touch. Post some pics when you get her on the trail.

Dano78

Dec 3, 2019
Uk
Niiiiiiiice!
I was tempted by the recent price drop, but remained strong. A couple friends ride Osos and really like them. My #2 bike is an Amish Ibis, and it's been good. Ibis customer service has always been helpful. The only thing that seems sub-optimum on the bike is the display hanging on the bars. I buddy has a Trek with a similar arrangement, and he got a bracket that attaches to the headset. It looks much more sanitary, and keeps the display from contacting the ground for those times you're upside down. The spoke reflector is a nice touch. Post some pics when you get her on the trail.
Thanks will do could you send me a link to the display mount? I'd like to move it on the toptube somehow thanks 😊

ozzybmx

Sep 26, 2023
Adelaide, South Australia
Wow 200mm is alot I was looking at 180mm ohlins dh38 how does it ride ? Love the continentals I take it 2.6 Is okay on the rear???

It rides beautifully. I've done about 400km on it as it is now and even the tightest of switchbacks are good as long as you pick your approach and muscle it round. The steering is about 50° in each direction.

The Contis are awesome tyres, Argotal 2.4 SS DH front and 2.4 S DH rear, definitely a step up from the Maxxgrip DD Assegais that were on there, seem to wear better too. 2.6 would have fitted in the rear too.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles