Levo Gen 3 Needed spacers for water bottle bolts (carbon Levo)?

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
I don't use a water bottle, so I removed it and reinstalled the bolts, since it seemed that there's a detached part inside the frame to which the bolts attach. I noticed that there was still a good bit of movement (and a rattle). I added two thin washers and spacers and things snugged right up. Is this normal though?

Snrbrtsn

Apr 7, 2021
Uk - Scotland
I don't use a water bottle, so I removed it and reinstalled the bolts, since it seemed that there's a detached part inside the frame to which the bolts attach. I noticed that there was still a good bit of movement (and a rattle). I added two thin washers and spacers and things snugged right up. Is this normal though?

Ah! Interesting,
I have my water bottle holder removed and noticed recently a rattle whilst on loose gravel or rocks
Looking at the schematic, I guess I’d best copy your thinking (thanks!) as I need the frame clearance for mounting bike on car carrier (better check if true, otherwise refit bottle cage)
F3DFE25A-ADF0-403F-B5C5-E7A3DB08A90D.png

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
Ah! Interesting,
I have my water bottle holder removed and noticed recently a rattle whilst on loose gravel or rocks
Looking at the schematic, I guess I’d best copy your thinking (thanks!) as I need the frame clearance for mounting bike on car carrier (better check if true, otherwise refit bottle cage)

Although I'm dropperless now, mine came with an AXS post so almost nothing at all to hold that bracket in place! Hopefully a couple washer will quiet that rattle for you.

Snrbrtsn

Apr 7, 2021
Uk - Scotland
Although I'm dropperless now, mine came with an AXS post so almost nothing at all to hold that bracket in place! Hopefully a couple washer will quiet that rattle for you.

Thanks for your kind words
Removed battery & scratched head, dumb moment had, mines a 21 and the cables run through the diagonal - Rookie error on my part, never the less I’m sure I’ll find my noise I thought it derailleur clutch but NO!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles