Levo Gen 3 need to buy a seat recommendations please :)

escrs

Jun 26, 2019
UK
No one can tell you what saddle to buy, only your arse can tell you that!

Just because someone finds a particular saddle comfy dosent mean it will be the same for you

First thing you need to do is find out what width saddle fits you, to do this you need to measure your sit bones, there are plenty of guides on how to do this, a quick Google search will show a few different methods, the cheapest ways is using some cardboard/kitchen foil and a tape measure along with other things to look out for/try so you can make an informed choice when buying a new saddle

Once you know your sit bone width you can narrow down your saddle choice, next up is saddle shape, flat or curved? again this depends on your body and what works for you, finally padding, you dont want something too thick or no padding at all, it should be lightly padded and padded undershorts should make it even more comfy

There are no easy ways to find the perfect saddle, its trial and error so you need to narrow it down as much as possible before you buy

For years i thought i had found the near perfect saddle for me and stopped trying other saddles, then a 2nd bike purchase came with a saddle i hadnt tried before and guess what, it was perfect for me!

fragledoozer

Aug 12, 2018
southport
agreed great analysis liked the fabric scoop on my ragley don't mind the seat on my sl either i suppose just go with one of them ?

maramouse

Mar 24, 2018
Genoa Italy
recommending a saddle is always very difficult, too personal choice, for some years I have found an excellent comfort with the "specialized power" that I have already used on other e-bikes.

Pivot

E*POWAH Master
Jun 11, 2020
New Forest, England
Go to a premium shop with good selection and test on your rear-end. I have bought few seats online and none of them are better than my OEM saddle.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
I wouldn't recommend an ergon. Although super comfortable my sm comp's rails were badly bent in less than a year. Disappointing.

Captain45

Oct 1, 2019
Usa
WTB Rocket Cromoly medium width hits my assbones perfectly and goes on all my Bikes. I used the OEM spesh one for a few rides once and got the worst pain I've ever had in that region, never again.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
No one can tell you what saddle to buy, only your arse can tell you that!

Just because someone finds a particular saddle comfy dosent mean it will be the same for you

First thing you need to do is find out what width saddle fits you, to do this you need to measure your sit bones, there are plenty of guides on how to do this, a quick Google search will show a few different methods, the cheapest ways is using some cardboard/kitchen foil and a tape measure along with other things to look out for/try so you can make an informed choice when buying a new saddle

Once you know your sit bone width you can narrow down your saddle choice, next up is saddle shape, flat or curved? again this depends on your body and what works for you, finally padding, you dont want something too thick or no padding at all, it should be lightly padded and padded undershorts should make it even more comfy

There are no easy ways to find the perfect saddle, its trial and error so you need to narrow it down as much as possible before you buy

For years i thought i had found the near perfect saddle for me and stopped trying other saddles, then a 2nd bike purchase came with a saddle i hadnt tried before and guess what, it was perfect for me!
My arse takes about 3 months to answer. Levo seat was ok then it wasn't. Im looking for new one all look slim build to me. I swore by WTB for years now using sell italia.

fragledoozer

Aug 12, 2018
southport
She's finished carbon fabric looks ace thanks for the advice✌️😱

Screenshot_20211013-194550.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles