Levo Gen 3 Need Help

seanallgire

Nov 21, 2022
USA
I just swapped out my rear wheel. Swapped over the magnet/sensor along with the rotor and cassette, torqued everything to spec. Tightened the axle down just to hand tight (def not over-tightened) aligned my calipers and when I went to pedal it was extremely hard to start pedaling.

Turned the bike on, same thing except the motor kicks in so it gets easier, but it's still feel a lot of resistance. It won't pedal backwards even when I hold the chainring, which hasn't been a problem in the past.

The wheel spins fine on its own and I didn't break the chain or anything but checked to make sure it's routed through the derailleur correctly, and everything looks fine - shifts fine but the pedaling is still super hard. Don't see any errors or issues in Mission Control...

Any idea what this could be?

unclezz

May 3, 2020
CZ
I would troubleshoot one step at a time starting having the bike on a repair stand.

1) remove the wheel from the rear axle: does the rear cassette move freely?
2) remove the chain temporarely: do you have any resistance in pedals?
3) re-install the wheel w/o chain yet: does the wheel spin ok?
4) re-install the chain: check if the issue is still there

seanallgire

Nov 21, 2022
USA
I would troubleshoot one step at a time starting having the bike on a repair stand.

1) remove the wheel from the rear axle: does the rear cassette move freely?
2) remove the chain temporarely: do you have any resistance in pedals?
3) re-install the wheel w/o chain yet: does the wheel spin ok?
4) re-install the chain: check if the issue is still there
Will give this a shot

seanallgire

Nov 21, 2022
USA
Got it sorted out - thanks everyone! With a clear head this morning, I went along the line unclezz suggested pulled the chain and there was no resistance on the cranks. Put it back together and noticed that the looser I had the axle the easier it was to turn the cranks. Pulled the wheel and removed the cassette and noticed there was some dirt and stuff in the cassette where it meets the driver that I missed when installing the cassette. I guess the gunk added resistance so even though I torqued it down to spec the first time it wasn't all the way on. After a thorough cleaning I put it all back together and it's working perfectly again.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles