Need help on how to get your Komoot to kiox

Flog

Subscriber
Apr 19, 2020
Dorset / Somerset Border
+1 please. I've set the Kommot app and the Bosch app on iPhone and there is connection to the Kiox but nothing comes through. Cant see a screen for it either?? Anyone done and great to have a pic. Thanks

Jamy

Sep 24, 2019
rotherham
  • start ebike connect app
  • click the 3 dots on the righthand side and choose settings
  • select Komoot from connected aps
  • go back and choose the maps icon
  • press the search button at the top and choose saved routes
  • all your Komoot saved routes will be listed
  • choose a route and choose "start route on Kiox"

Andrie

May 20, 2020
NorCal
When I press search on the map it doesn’t show my saved route on my app on iPhone. If I go to web based it shows but still won’t use it.

Also after activity, how can one saved the map for further use?

Jamy

Sep 24, 2019
rotherham
I do not have premium version of Komoot. make sure in app permissions you have e bike connect app permissions set to "location"

Jamy

Sep 24, 2019
rotherham
When I press search on the map it doesn’t show my saved route on my app on iPhone. If I go to web based it shows but still won’t use it.

Also after activity, how can one saved the map for further use?
heres what I se when I press search on Andriod app version 4.0.0.22

Screenshot_20200722-171921_eBike Connect.jpg

Jamy

Sep 24, 2019
rotherham
This as to be a Iphone issue as you and Andrie both use Apple products. It works fine on Andriod. Maybe a fellow Iphone user will be able to help

Andrie

May 20, 2020
NorCal
@Flog look here. Someone figured it out.

Marquez93

Oct 21, 2021
Kent, UK
Was this resolved as i have the same issue.
Android phone
Ebike connect with Komoot allowed
Location set in Android
No saved maps from Komoot showing in the saved routes area of Ebike connect

Marquez93

Oct 21, 2021
Kent, UK
I bought the world map option and all my routes showed up in Kiox, it seems if you don't have the maps for an area it'll not import into Kiox.
Thanks for the response. I have a map for my area which they allow for free as its my first map, but its still not downloaded. Seems it may need the World map... The quest goes on

mtb-steve

Nov 4, 2021
Cumbria
Mine showed OK in the local map which made me think it only worked with map areas you own.
If yours isn't showing them on the map you own then it's probably not that.

Marquez93

Oct 21, 2021
Kent, UK
Thanks for your reply.
Somehow I've got 3 routes into the Bosch app, how it happened I have no idea.
They were test routes I had created so not much use to me.
I will record a route in Komoot Saturday and Sunday and see how it's goes

dalf83

Mar 6, 2022
Germany
Hey guys!
I figured it out on the iphone finally!!
1. Make sure everything is linked as already suggested (Komoot linked with bosch app)
2. Head onto the Map tab
3. Just above the"FEED" tab on the bottom left corner is this clever compass sign. Click on that and VOILA!
PHOTO-2022-03-06-16-57-22.jpg

Hope this helps.

Tc,
Chris

Marquez93

Oct 21, 2021
Kent, UK
Hey guys!
I figured it out on the iphone finally!!
1. Make sure everything is linked as already suggested (Komoot linked with bosch app)
2. Head onto the Map tab
3. Just above the"FEED" tab on the bottom left corner is this clever compass sign. Click on that and VOILA!
View attachment 83382
Hope this helps.

Tc,
Chris
I'm on Android, and just have no idea how to get my Komoot rides onto the Kiox.
There are 3 on there, but no idea how they arrived and I can't add any of the other rides I've completed.
I've bounced all other the Compass to no avail, seems as flaky as f***

dalf83

Mar 6, 2022
Germany
I'm on Android, and just have no idea how to get my Komoot rides onto the Kiox.
There are 3 on there, but no idea how they arrived and I can't add any of the other rides I've completed.
I've bounced all other the Compass to no avail, seems as flaky as f***

On my android phone it was a pain in the a**

You need the ebike connect app from bosch. Through that app you can link your komoot account. Then if you already have saved routes on komoot you shold be able to see them in MAP --> SAVED ROUTES in the Bosch app. After that you send it to Kiox through the bosch app. I often had issues where I had to switch kiox and/or app multiple times before everything synced up.

To be honest, as much as I love tech, the bosch app and kiox aren't as refined as I would like them to be. So I either ride blind in the general direction I want to be heading and stop to check komoot on my phone, or I attach my phone directly to the handle bars (not cool on rough terrain).

Tc,
Chris

Marquez93

Oct 21, 2021
Kent, UK
On my android phone it was a pain in the a**

You need the ebike connect app from bosch. Through that app you can link your komoot account. Then if you already have saved routes on komoot you shold be able to see them in MAP --> SAVED ROUTES in the Bosch app. After that you send it to Kiox through the bosch app. I often had issues where I had to switch kiox and/or app multiple times before everything synced up.

To be honest, as much as I love tech, the bosch app and kiox aren't as refined as I would like them to be. So I either ride blind in the general direction I want to be heading and stop to check komoot on my phone, or I attach my phone directly to the handle bars (not cool on rough terrain).

Tc,
Chris
Well, well things have moved on a bit.
Using a PC I downloaded some Komoot gpx files and dumped them into the Bosch app and all was good.
That seemed to have started up some love between Komoot and Bosch as I can't stop the Komoot files jumping into Bosch now. 🤷‍♂️😁

AdH

Feb 2, 2019
Mustang
Does anyone know if Komoot directions work on a Kion 300, or is it only on the first Kiox with the two buttons?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles