Nduro Sag baseline

bigwaves311

Jun 8, 2020
Southern CA
Hey guys,
looking for a baseline to get the sag right in the 2020 NDURO 2.0. Started off at 30% Rear and 30% front. The rear bottomed out on a small 2' drop and the front really dives when entering into a burm. I Re-set the front and rear sag to 25% for tonight's ride. What surprised me was it took about 35psi more in the rear to get to 25% sag and it feels pretty stiff. Maybe i need to put it back to 30 or even 35% and put a volume spacer into the rear shock? This bike has the rockshocks set up and the front fork only has one compression setting to play with. Ahh the joys of new bikes.

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Have you used the baseline tuning recommended on the Rockshox website for the fork?
(You'll need the serial number of the fork)

bigwaves311

Jun 8, 2020
Southern CA
Yes i started off with the rockshox app for the fork which had too much sag per the psi suggestion and not enough rebound. I know rebound is too rider specific, but 13 clicks from slow seemed just about right on last nights ride.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
first off make sure your Fork and Shock are properly inflated and equalised. You need to cycle them during inflation to ensure pos and neg chambers equalise. Even having done that it is best to set initial sag and then ride the bike bouncing on the suspension quite hard for a 5 minutes or so and then come back and recheck. Sag is not impacted by spacers or tokens so focus on getting the sag right first. As a general guide 30% on the fork is good if you want it fairly plush......but it depends on how much progression you have in the fork and if you only have Low Speed Compression adjustment you will need to add one or more tokens if the fork goes through its travel too easily. Get the SAG as you want it and dont worry too much about what air pressure you end up with compared to the Fork manufacturers guide. If you are happy with a somewhat firmer ride then go for somewhere about 25% sag. Keep your LSC adjustment open and rebound on full fast when setting up SAG. You can set rebound next using the hard compression and release of the fork via the bars as the next stage. Leave LSC open for now.

On the shock 30% is fairly typical. Again set with LSC open and rebound full fast. Fairly small differences in SAG can make a big difference here so if you have already tried 30% and it blew through travel too easilly, try 27%. Go ride a find a kerb to roll off to adjust rebound. Leave LSC open. Go out and ride a bout bouncing on the suspension for 5 mins. Then recheck both fork and shock.
You can go on a longer ride now and play with LSC settings as you go but you will no doubt find the fork is best left open or possibly with only 1 or 2 clicks of LSC. The shock is often best left open.

bigwaves311

Jun 8, 2020
Southern CA
Thanks MikerB,
I did a another ride last night working on LSC and rebound, purposely hitting large roots, taking jumps into the flats and hit the same step down which flows into a burm a bunch of times. My best fork setting came at at 25% sag in the front with 2 clicks of compression for trail, 4 clicks for jump lines, rebound at -12 clicks from full slow. The rear was too stiff at 25% sag and bottomed out at 30%. I'm going to leave it at 30% because this is where it feels best on the trail and will add a volume spacer (or two). Some bikes are naturally progressive in the way the rear shock compresses. I found the NDURO feels very linear compared to my other enduro bike which currently has 1 volume spacer and is the exact same rear shock. I personally like a "plush" rear suspension with aggressive ramp (opposite of a coil spring). I found having an aggressive compression curve really helps exit speed out of burms and can really help the bike feel more lively.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles