My "un-mullet" Bullit

LoamLab

Jun 10, 2021
Squamish
It's not that I am opposed to a mullet. I'm only opposed to having different front wheel sizes on my bikes. Since I have a Nomad and a V10 both with 27.5 up front, I decided to un-mullet my Bullit. I did this by putting a 180mm 27.5 fork up front instead the 170, and had a custom crown spacer machined up to correct the geo so that it's exactly the same as stock geo. That way, if SC comes out with a Nomad mullet in the future I may end up reverting the bullet back to a mullet at that time.

This bike is an animal. Feels a lot like like my V10, except it can go fast in places the V10 cannot. I love the stability and planted feel, and the ability to accelerate whenever you have time to put a pedal in.
IMG_4985.JPG

IMG_5009.JPG
IMG_5011.JPG
IMG_5004.JPG

IMG_5001.JPG

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Feels a lot like like my V10, except it can go fast in places the V10 cannot.
Ah... but have you tried fitting those to the V-10?
img_5001-jpg.71249

:sneaky: ?

Nice solution (if you already had that fork laying around). Personally I'd have just fitted a longer airspring to the 29" fork, stuck the 27.5 wheel in and run a little less sag in the fork

LoamLab

Jun 10, 2021
Squamish
Ah... but have you tried fitting those to the V-10?
V10 also passes through trees like a knife through butter :ROFLMAO:

Nice solution (if you already had that fork laying around). Personally I'd have just fitted a longer airspring to the 29" fork, stuck the 27.5 wheel in and run a little less sag in the fork
That would work too for sure. But I like running DVO, so I was going to replace the fork anyway and 29er forks were not available at the time. I thought about changing my V10 and Nomad to a mullet, but getting spokes and forks for that was also not possible in a time efficient manner. Seems like spokes are still a real problem. Seems like getting just about anything is a problem lately!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles