2021 Santa Cruz Heckler S build mullet

blueglide

Jan 2, 2021
Tucson, AZ USA
20201228_152637.jpg

blueglide

Jan 2, 2021
Tucson, AZ USA
Thanks...afraid I don't do alot of flying thru the air anymore. At my age my body and health insurance both suck! :p This bike helps me keep up with the younger crowd a little bit. It sure is fun to ride and alot of the time I don't even turn the assist on. It doesn't feel like an ebike at all.

blueglide

Jan 2, 2021
Tucson, AZ USA
Hey..I love those pedals!! :LOL: They came off my Giant hardtail and with some 5 10's they stick like glue! Seriously those One Up pedals are great. For climbing you can't beat them.

blueglide

Jan 2, 2021
Tucson, AZ USA
Thanks...I've had the chance to get out on some fun trails here in Arizona. Nothing too technical but typical Arizona stuff...slow climbs and flowy downhills. Lots of rock and sand hardpack. This bike has been awesome...I mostly use eco mode when I even bother to turn it on. Bike handles so nice and the weight isn't too noticeable that I almost forget its an ebike (I'm not doing jumps or big chunky stuff). I haven't used boost mode yet and trail mode is more power than I need for most stuff (I still like pedaling unassisted as much as possible). I have the 504wh battery and can't see any need for more power and the accompanying weight for my riding style. Hope bike companies keep coming out with lighter bikes and reasonable battery capacities and weights.

Gustesta

Jul 26, 2020
Utah
Thanks...I've had the chance to get out on some fun trails here in Arizona. Nothing too technical but typical Arizona stuff...slow climbs and flowy downhills. Lots of rock and sand hardpack. This bike has been awesome...I mostly use eco mode when I even bother to turn it on. Bike handles so nice and the weight isn't too noticeable that I almost forget its an ebike (I'm not doing jumps or big chunky stuff). I haven't used boost mode yet and trail mode is more power than I need for most stuff (I still like pedaling unassisted as much as possible). I have the 504wh battery and can't see any need for more power and the accompanying weight for my riding style. Hope bike companies keep coming out with lighter bikes and reasonable battery capacities and weights.
Nice! How tall are you? Do you think the mullet setup is doing OK? Is the bike too heavy? What bike did you have before? Thanks

blueglide

Jan 2, 2021
Tucson, AZ USA
Nice! How tall are you? Do you think the mullet setup is doing OK? Is the bike too heavy? What bike did you have before? Thanks
I'm 6' 160 lbs and the bike is a large. I like the mullet setup (my first). It keeps the bike a little shorter and the wooded trails I like to ride up in Michigan/Wisconsin are tight with lots of trees so it will make those single-tracks easier. The bike just fits on my Kuat 2.0 rack so a longer bike wouldn't work. I honestly don't notice the weight when I'm riding it. It pedals like my previous analogue bike and unless I'm climbing I don't even turn the assist on sometimes. Danny MacAskill does pretty amazing stuff on this bike so I would say the bike is only limited by the skills of the rider. I owned a Giant Fathom 1 before this and I sold it. This is my only bike now.

Gustesta

Jul 26, 2020
Utah
I'm 6' 160 lbs and the bike is a large. I like the mullet setup (my first). It keeps the bike a little shorter and the wooded trails I like to ride up in Michigan/Wisconsin are tight with lots of trees so it will make those single-tracks easier. The bike just fits on my Kuat 2.0 rack so a longer bike wouldn't work. I honestly don't notice the weight when I'm riding it. It pedals like my previous analogue bike and unless I'm climbing I don't even turn the assist on sometimes. Danny MacAskill does pretty amazing stuff on this bike so I would say the bike is only limited by the skills of the rider. I owned a Giant Fathom 1 before this and I sold it. This is my only bike now.
Thank you for your prompt response.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles