S.F. Bay Area
Beautiful day
0DA34754-C8E4-4767-9C2D-6CED16596AAC.jpeg

markloch

May 14, 2021
NorCal
What trail in Marin? I love riding out there
What trail in Marin? I love riding out there

Deer Park fire road, which starts about 1/2 mile wests of the Muir Woods entrance. That trailhead is about three miles from my house (by bike, more by car) - about a mile up (to "four corners", where Muir Woods/Mt Tam roads intersect) then two down. Deer Park intersects the western/upper stretch of Muir Woods. I ride it up to West Point Inn, and from there either up to the summit of Mt Tam and down Eldridge and around, or down RR grade, sometimes to Hoo Koo e Koo and the "rollercoasters" or just straight down RR grade, then back home.

A great ebike ride for a visitor would be to drive to Muir Beach, from there ride pavement north and east a couple miles to Deer Park, up onto Tam, then either back down more or less same way but taking Coastal (single track) rather than left onto Deer Park to get back to Muir Beach, with a stop at Muir Beach overlook. Or take RR grade to double-bow-knot and to Gravity Car fire road, down to Panoramic and from there share pavement with cars southward for a couple miles until you get to four corners, then south another 1/4 mile to Diaz trail on the right and a nice single track down to Muir Beach. Hit Pelican Inn for beer/food at start or end of ride (or both!).

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
Deer Park fire road, which starts about 1/2 mile wests of the Muir Woods entrance. That trailhead is about three miles from my house (by bike, more by car) - about a mile up (to "four corners", where Muir Woods/Mt Tam roads intersect) then two down. Deer Park intersects the western/upper stretch of Muir Woods. I ride it up to West Point Inn, and from there either up to the summit of Mt Tam and down Eldridge and around, or down RR grade, sometimes to Hoo Koo e Koo and the "rollercoasters" or just straight down RR grade, then back home.

A great ebike ride for a visitor would be to drive to Muir Beach, from there ride pavement north and east a couple miles to Deer Park, up onto Tam, then either back down more or less same way but taking Coastal (single track) rather than left onto Deer Park to get back to Muir Beach, with a stop at Muir Beach overlook. Or take RR grade to double-bow-knot and to Gravity Car fire road, down to Panoramic and from there share pavement with cars southward for a couple miles until you get to four corners, then south another 1/4 mile to Diaz trail on the right and a nice single track down to Muir Beach. Hit Pelican Inn for beer/food at start or end of ride (or both!).
Haven't ridden that trail in a while. Now I wanna try this route...not sure if i'd have enough battery though.....I'd be cutting it close. I did do a night ride near there b4 xmas out to the top of Coastal overlooking the GG Bridge.

IMG_2993.jpg

Tennessee Valley to West Point Inn

1640929389469.png

markloch

May 14, 2021
NorCal
Haven't ridden that trail in a while. Now I wanna try this route...not sure if i'd have enough battery though.....I'd be cutting it close. I did do a night ride near there b4 xmas out to the top of Coastal overlooking the GG Bridge.

View attachment 79051

Tennessee Valley to West Point Inn

View attachment 79050

That's a big ride on one battery plus lighting ... are your lights using same battery? I've not done any night rides yet.

The left side is the ride I was talking about - MB to Deer Park to WPI back down then Coastal to MB. The lower figure-eight makes up my two of quick daily after-work rides (minus the ride to/from home).

Cheers,

Mark

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I don't have Fox on my Rail. I've got a Lyrik fork and DVO Jade X coil shock.

Roy D

Subscriber
Oct 29, 2021
Southern California
Bad roads, Bad schools, and a bunch of crazy people out here but the weather….. Well it’s perfect. Ski surf or ride there’s just so much to do year round. Just stay away from Down Town.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles