Dec 5, 2020
Shillington, Bedfordshire
Mine resting in the peak district today

20210828_110310.jpg

markloch

May 14, 2021
NorCal
Beautiful Sunday Ride at Trione-Annadel State Park, Santa Rosa, CA

I stare at those hills every other weekend when visiting in-laws at Oakmont. We’ll be up there for a week over Thanksgiving and my wife knows I plan on riding there daily. Any suggested rides? Looking for an easy intro tour for my friend who has an ebike (and skills) suitable for well-maintained fire roads and for me to get the lay of the land.

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
I stare at those hills every other weekend when visiting in-laws at Oakmont. We’ll be up there for a week over Thanksgiving and my wife knows I plan on riding there daily. Any suggested rides? Looking for an easy intro tour for my friend who has an ebike (and skills) suitable for well-maintained fire roads and for me to get the lay of the land.
When I go there I just ride the Technical stuff that doesn't sound like what your friend would like. Go on trailforks, you could probably ride around the park counter clockwise park and start on channel drive, ride up to springlake park toclimb up Canyon Trail up and around to the reservoir then go down Richardson back to channel drive. For you, you can climb up the same way then take Marsh Trail to a fun descent down South/North Burma.

Last edited:

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Flip chip in high or low? 160 or 170 forks?

RustyMojo

Oct 30, 2021
Gloucestershire
3F50210F-BC98-41A7-855D-3EA4A95DA5F0.jpeg

First ride with the Zebs and proper tyres. In an laggy FoD. Bike went well. Snapped a chain thanks to a failed quick link, but other wise all good. Bike is so composed in the air. Still haven’t swapped my brakes out and actually the Tektro brakes are working blooming well now bedded in. Nice consistent bite point, fantastic modulation. Only problem is the levers are about a metre long and look awful. I did wonder if some of the higher end TRP levers would bolt in and work… think I’ll hold off changing brakes until I order my Kiox display as I can swap both other at the same time as well as sort out some better cable routing, it would make much more sense for the Kiox to route down the left hand side of the head tube, with the shifter cable and the back brake on the right with the dropper 🤷🏻‍♂️

oh and the range function on the purion display is a blooming lottery. As are the battery bars! Otherwise it’s bloody fantastic

markloch

May 14, 2021
NorCal
When I go there I just ride the Technical stuff that doesn't sound like what your friend would like. Go on trailforks, you could probably ride around the park counter clockwise park and start on channel drive, ride up to springlake park toclimb up Canyon Trail up and around to the reservoir then go down Richardson back to channel drive. For you, you can climb up the same way then take Marsh Trail to a fun descent down South/North Burma.

I did Canyon to Marsh to Burma today, nice ride! More technical than what we have in southern Marin, lots of rocks, fun!

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
I did Canyon to Marsh to Burma today, nice ride! More technical than what we have in southern Marin, lots of rocks, fun!
Sweet, Annadel is definitely one of my favorite places to ride. Thats my typical first loop then I go back up to go down Rough Go and Cobblestone to finish. Cobblestone has some really techy bits as you get toward the end of the descent. Link to the route below

Strava route

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles