My Rail, Resting on Stuff

PetrD

Jul 27, 2020
CZ
Thanks @Stray cat - my problem was with my weight 280 lbs. I solved it by upgrade of rims, fork and rear shock, stiffer and longer seatpost...
The result is on the pics. I had changed rear shock to top Fox DPX2, but it had to be pressured to max 350 psi, that was not good for long time use. When I changed to coil, vow, it is very good. I have Fox DHX 2022 and 700 coil. I choose the black one not for better color for my bike only, but it has more spring threads so the deformation is lower than orange one even with more alloying. The 700 is enough for my. It is not easy to keep bike on the two wheels in very sleep slope, my total weight with bike is 350 lbs, but the rear shock is reliable and supportive. The tire 2.6 is wider on 40 rims and stronger. I am thinking about MagPeds.

Last edited:

PetrD

Jul 27, 2020
CZ
Bottle cage is the Specialized Zee Cage II with integrated tools (really nice stuff!). It is side open. The original bottle is needed, the set give very good side taking in/out and bottle keeps inside strongly. I dont use any adapter. My bike is XL.

86A1D34D-E12F-46BE-9E4C-21BFFBC207EC.jpeg

Stray cat

Aug 24, 2018
On the trails
Thanks @Stray cat - my problem was with my weight 280 lbs. I solved it by upgrade of rims, fork and rear shock, stiffer and longer seatpost...
The result is on the pics. I had changed rear shock to top Fox DPX2, but it had to be pressured to max 350 psi, that was not good for long time use. When I changed to coil, vow, it is very good. I have Fox DHX 2022 and 700 coil. I choose the black one not for better color for my bike only, but it has more spring threads so the deformation is lower than orange one even with more alloying. The 700 is enough for my. It is not easy to keep bike on the two wheels in very sleep slope, my total weight with bike is 350 lbs, but the rear shock is reliable and supportive. The tire 2.6 is wider on 40 rims and stronger. I am thinking about MagPeds.

Ok. I run Fox DPX2 but I am not very happy. I wasn’t sure if the system was progressive enough to run a coil shock.

PetrD

Jul 27, 2020
CZ
Ok. I run Fox DPX2 but I am not very happy. I wasn’t sure if the system was progressive enough to run a coil shock.
I was solving the same problem, but with proper sag and coil, the fox dhx2 is very good for me (enduro), I dont have any problem with coil linearity. The dpx2 has been on the edge with max psi limit for me, but the damping has been ok. What is your problem with DPX2?

Stray cat

Aug 24, 2018
On the trails
I was solving the same problem, but with proper sag and coil, the fox dhx2 is very good for me (enduro), I dont have any problem with coil linearity. The dpx2 has been on the edge with max psi limit for me, but the damping has been ok. What is your problem with DPX2?

It doesn’t have mid stroke support. Working always on the last part of the travel. I am 210lb

PetrD

Jul 27, 2020
CZ
It is not my experience. I have sag about 25-30% and done setup with fox recomended values for my coil. I also upgraded cranks to 170mm for my long body and it is far better and I dont have problem with hits, thanks proper coil+dhx2 and zeb 170 fork. My style is enduro, but I cant do longer drops because of my weight and max weight limit of bike (axle in pedals, cranks) even if I changed rims to carbon 40mm.
What coil do you have for your weight? What is your shock settings? What long are your drops/jumps? Or do you have shock on last part of travel during "normal" flow? Or it is through some big rock gardens during high speed? This shock distinguishes LS and HS so the actual state depends on dynamic values of track.

Last edited:

Stray cat

Aug 24, 2018
On the trails
It is not my experience. I have sag about 25-30% and done setup with fox recomended values for my coil. I also upgraded cranks to 170mm for my long body and it is far better and I dont have problem with hits, thanks proper coil+dhx2 and zeb 170 fork. My style is enduro, but I cant do longer drops because of my weight and max weight limit of bike (axle in pedals, cranks) even if I changed rims to carbon 40mm.
What coil do you have for your weight? What is your shock settings? What long are your drops/jumps? Or do you have shock on last part of travel during "normal" flow? Or it is through some big rock gardens during high speed? This shock distinguishes LS and HS so the actual state depends on dynamic values of track.

I was referring to Fox DPX2. Haven’t tried the DHX2 but I would like to or a Superdeluxe coil.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles