My new scott lumen 900

Borut

Mar 21, 2021
Slovenia
My new bike, after long time with levo sl, drove first 40km....and its first impression are perfect.
20230321_172448.jpg

Borut

Mar 21, 2021
Slovenia
So i did 180km all togather, and i got annoying creaking noise from front part of bike when pedal under load, first i suspect batery then i dissamble scott front cockpit and stearer bearings...all dry...no grease at all inside headset thats why creaking.
I put little grease and creaking gone. Now i asks my self is that normal that headset is without grease? Especialy with scott fraser cockpit where everything is integrated...

Borut

Mar 21, 2021
Slovenia
I can pedal without drag at all when turned off i love it, but thats like after they changed me motor. New motor is 👌👌👌👌

20230518_130244.jpg

Pean

Apr 23, 2023
Poland
I confirm. This engine is perfect for those who want to get tired. I see you live in the Alps. I have a question: what are your battery ranges up (I know it depends on the level of support, but how much on average?)

Borut

Mar 21, 2021
Slovenia
I confirm. This engine is perfect for those who want to get tired. I see you live in the Alps. I have a question: what are your battery ranges up (I know it depends on the level of support, but how much on average?)
Hello Pean,

for example yestrday i did 1200m elevation and 40km, when i end i had 52% of battery left, i have bike for exercise and to reach places where otherwise i couldnt reach.
I love lumen now, only thing where still needs to be improved is rider power input, thats shown 20% less then acctualy is, new motor is dead silent also when used in highest mode, yestrday one man in moutains said "look this man how quick he goes, and no electric bike 🤣🤣🤣"

Screenshot_20230528_051854_Connect.jpg Screenshot_20230528_051907_Connect.jpg

Pean

Apr 23, 2023
Poland
Hello Borut,
Thanks for showing the data. These are very good battery results. I also use the Lumen for very steep climbs. I normally drive without assistance.😁

Borut

Mar 21, 2021
Slovenia
Hello Borut,
Thanks for showing the data. These are very good battery results. I also use the Lumen for very steep climbs. I normally drive without assistance.😁
Yeah thats the point of this bikes, i just hope motor will last.

Tomoooo

Jan 4, 2024
Slovakia
It is. Just myb u somehow limited with upgrades, regarding forks or damper because of twin lock....but i like twin lock...
Why limited, you can upgrade almost anything, I changed twinlock for DT Swiss remote 2 levers only as I installed AXS dropper and all works like a charm

Regarding fork, going to replace Rythm with 34 Factory. was a non remote one, but Fox service center has parts to rebuild it to remote. Although the Rythm one also works very nicely.

IMG_8379.jpeg

Tomoooo

Jan 4, 2024
Slovakia
Yes it does, but you get used to it 😀, if you want AXS dropper you do not have many choices 😂. Either the big axs remote (as I have now) or new axs pod, which is smaller, but was not really ergonomically better.
Ergonomically it fits my needs and fingers 100%.
And the DT swiss remote is a little bit better in terms of switching as it has click like feel, alsmost never you mis-unlock fully like it used to be with twinlock.

here without the background "noise"
IMG_8380.jpeg

subdiver

Mar 28, 2024
Germany
Hello,
i‘m new here and I ride a Lumen 900 since one week.
Are you happy with the bike and TQ? How good is the paint?
Regards

IMG_1530.jpeg

Borut

Mar 21, 2021
Slovenia
I dont know myb i had a bad luck. I dont have this bike anymore. Couse it ruined all my enthusiasm.
I change 3 motors, rear wheel under warranty offcourse. But that stupid clicking sometimes, wasnt gone. And i just sold it for a little money and buy levo sl expert again. paint quaility is also not so good, use frame protector especialy on rear swing arm.
I wish u good luck🙏

Shark58

Mar 5, 2023
Germany
How good is the paint?
When my wife bought her Lumen 900 she was afraid the high gloss paint might get scratched or dinged easily. So I recommended buying the original Scott frame protection kit and I applied it first thing after delivery. The kit has more than 20 pre-cut pieces and covers almost any exposed part of the frame. The fit is extremely well and applying it was easy. Now 10 months later the frame still looks like new.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles