My Aussie Cheeb

RoyRoy

Sep 9, 2021
Australia
Just joined as another Aussie - have the E10 with M600, am also based in Sydney. Definitely look forward to hearing more from some local owners, eg customisations, tuning etc. Gotta say am really loving this bike - so very capable.

View attachment 69184

Hey PB Ski - How did you find the Volition E10? I have just ordered one, hoping it arrives in time for Christmas. What was your experience?

PB Ski

Jul 14, 2021
Sydney
Hey PB Ski - How did you find the Volition E10? I have just ordered one, hoping it arrives in time for Christmas. What was your experience?
RoyRoy - 100% the bike is awesome for sure, did have a couple of teething problems with the speed sensor when new, now sorted, the bike is a beast. Amazing on trails, ultra plush ride, incredible range and performance, seriously hard to want anything more. PM me if you would more details on the mods I've done. Cheers

Cj5350

Sep 14, 2021
Sydney
Hey guys also located in nsw and looking into building a E10.. how much are the frames working out by the time you add freight and how long between ordering and arriving

RoyRoy

Sep 9, 2021
Australia
Yo. When you price it, compare it to a volition build. I think they are doing a special for about 6,600 at the moment with November delivery.

I would be interested to see another DIY price. When I priced some stuff from China, before I went with the Volition route, I found the freight was too exxy and the exchange rate fucked me hard.

CBR_MTB

Sep 8, 2021
Australia
Hey guys also located in nsw and looking into building a E10.. how much are the frames working out by the time you add freight and how long between ordering and arriving

The frame, motor (m600), battery and shipping is about $3300 at the moment. I just got a quote.

So if you fully spec your build you'll def get to the 6k plus. I'm planning a lower spec build and upgrade over time.

More like the CHEEB V2! ;)

dvng

May 21, 2021
Malaysia
RoyRoy - 100% the bike is awesome for sure, did have a couple of teething problems with the speed sensor when new, now sorted, the bike is a beast. Amazing on trails, ultra plush ride, incredible range and performance, seriously hard to want anything more. PM me if you would more details on the mods I've done. Cheers

whats wrong with the speed sensor. i am having also some erratic speed logging. Not sure if its the gap or alignment of the magnet?

Sunburntwily

Jan 28, 2021
Australia
whats wrong with the speed sensor. i am having also some erratic speed logging. Not sure if its the gap or alignment of the magnet?
Alignment is the issue. It is very iffy. This works for me. Didn't move it much, but enough to stop the error.

IMG_20210811_144212.jpg

PB Ski

Jul 14, 2021
Sydney
Yeah initially had to trial & error a number of changes but what worked best (for me) was to move the wheel magnet away from & more towards the hub of the wheel to fix it. Since doing that it hasn't missed a beat. Hope that helps

RoyRoy

Sep 9, 2021
Australia

Yo care to list your mods man? Also how was the experience with Volition? By the sounds they got a pretty big shipment in first round. They have been pretty good responding to my questions, but sometimes lacking with specific info. I presume because they dont have the bike in its complete form.

Do you take it to them for servicing, or do you handle it all yourself?

Wax

May 2, 2021
mag00000
I have been quiet on this thread. Gotta admit I have been to busy riding this weapon. I was out Mount cotton on it today and the thing rips. What an awesome bike. Its almost to much power which is just enough.

CBR_MTB

Sep 8, 2021
Australia
20210922_125033.jpg

My Aussie CHEEB journey is just beginning! So glad to hear Wax enjoy it!! My frame only took three weeks to get delivered... Still waiting for motor and battery however.

My CHEEB will be a bit of a V2 build and use some cheeper components until I can upgrade them!

Maybe I'll start my own thread for the build.

Reactions: Wax

Wax

May 2, 2021
mag00000
View attachment 73562
My Aussie CHEEB journey is just beginning! So glad to hear Wax enjoy it!! My frame only took three weeks to get delivered... Still waiting for motor and battery however.

My CHEEB will be a bit of a V2 build and use some cheeper components until I can upgrade them!

Maybe I'll start my own thread for the build.
Your welcome to post in here. Maybe all the cheep owners can get together. Where in Aussie are you

CBR_MTB

Sep 8, 2021
Australia
Awesome will post some picks of the build! Parts are slowly coming in... Shipping a bit slow these days!

I'm Canberra based but keen one day in the future to get together for a ride!

furk

Oct 13, 2021
Australia
Awesome will post some picks of the build! Parts are slowly coming in... Shipping a bit slow these days!

I'm Canberra based but keen one day in the future to get together for a ride!

Hey! I'm in Canberra too! I have a E10 which I bought from Volition in Sydney. I'm out at Majura Pines most days of the week. Let me know if you want to catch up and have a look and once yours is built would love to see it.

Btw, if you want a local Pilot Bike Co in Cooma are doing a E10 build with a M500 motor. Their bike is here: www.facebook.com/PilotBikeCo/posts/196872205780381 and they've told me they're happy to supply parts etc. Nice to have someone nearby.

nurv0

Jan 30, 2021
Australia
where are you guys sourcing your parts from? A lot of the forks and shocks are OOS in the aus online shops (pushys, mtbdirect etc)

nurv0

Jan 30, 2021
Australia
Hey! I'm in Canberra too! I have a E10 which I bought from Volition in Sydney. I'm out at Majura Pines most days of the week. Let me know if you want to catch up and have a look and once yours is built would love to see it.

Btw, if you want a local Pilot Bike Co in Cooma are doing a E10 build with a M500 motor. Their bike is here: www.facebook.com/PilotBikeCo/posts/196872205780381 and they've told me they're happy to supply parts etc. Nice to have someone nearby.
Did you opt for the power upgrade option for $299?

The frame, motor (m600), battery and shipping is about $3300 at the moment. I just got a quote.

So if you fully spec your build you'll def get to the 6k plus. I'm planning a lower spec build and upgrade over time.

More like the CHEEB V2! ;)
Is this price with import duty factored in?

Currently weighing up the cost/benefit between these options:

Buy the Volition MAX Carbon with power upgrade and be done with it
or
DIY Build an E10 with M600 motor
or
DIY Build an E22 with M620 motor similar to this:
Wattwagons Hydra

Only problem with DIY is sourcing the parts and getting to tools or paying a bike shop to put it all together.

Sunburntwily

Jan 28, 2021
Australia
A mate of mine bought a KTM emtb new from a shop in Melbourne for $7K. He chipped it and it does 60kph assist. So he has full shop warranty on a known brand bike. My low end spec total diy build E10 cost $6800. Thats with a nos dropper post($200), saddle and bars off my old bike. I have Chinese carbon fibre wheels that cost little and I am very happy with. I absolutely love my bike but it is not the money saving venture I thought it would be. I sourced all my parts from allexpress, Including rock shocks that come unboxed. I think if I did it again I might look out for a second-hand mtb for $2k and transfer parts over to the emtb frame.

CBR_MTB

Sep 8, 2021
Australia
Did you opt for the power upgrade option for $299?

Is this price with import duty factored in?

Currently weighing up the cost/benefit between these options:

Buy the Volition MAX Carbon with power upgrade and be done with it
or
DIY Build an E10 with M600 motor
or
DIY Build an E22 with M620 motor similar to this:
Wattwagons Hydra

Only problem with DIY is sourcing the parts and getting to tools or paying a bike shop to put it all together.

Hey nurv0,

Not sure what the 'power upgrade' option is - buying direct from Dengfu is not the easiest thing. Mine is just the E10 frame and M600 motor+battery. I know some people get the M500 motor which is 250W I believe where the M600 is 500W.

The $3,300 is just the straight conversion from USD to AUD - so just the frame, battery and motor inc. shipping.

So far I have not paid for any duty - mind you only the frame has arrived yet! Maybe just lucky at the moment.

As for parts, I am going a bit cheap at the moment and sourcing most things from Aliexpress and tires and smaller stuff from other online stores. When everything arrives I will post up pictures of all the parts and links to where I got them. So far I am not buying named shocks/forks and my total extras are around $1400 for suspension, wheelset, groupset (Deore 12x1), seat post (non dropper), hydraulic breaks and disks, shock bushes other bits and pieces!

On the lookout for some second hand Lyrik forks and similar spec rear shock (saw a DVO Topaz the other day for not too much) so can upgrade from the knockoffs.

Having said that the knockoffs forks after a pump up seem pretty good and well made for the price! The cheapo brakes are probably the first thing I will upgrade... but wanted to see how cheap I can make the build!

This is my first full from scratch eMTB build but have tinkered with bikes and electronics for a while and so far it seems fairly straight forward.

Looking forward to the build process - thinking about if I paint any part of the frame so its uniquely mine!

CBR_MTB

Sep 8, 2021
Australia

Awesome, I am on the other side of CBR and have Mt Stromlo on my doorstep (so to speak) will pick your brains if I have any problems with the build! You sound like a much more proficient rider, I am hoping my eMTB can get me back into a sport I once really loved but got a bit to fat and slow to enjoy!

Nice to see Pilot BIke Co doing an E10 build - gives me a bit of confidence that the frame is gaining a bit of traction.

Kezbee

Aug 8, 2019
Geelong
Hi all, I've ordered my e10 and it will hopefully be down here in Victoria soon.
Quick question: what is the rear suspension like on square edge repeated hits, both big and small. I'll be using a 216x63mm (with offset bushes) for the rear and in mullet form.
There is a heap of really good info about motor and controller stuff, but I haven't managed to find anything on the handling for aggressive enduro style riding as yet.
This won't be a gentle gravel road build, I plan on riding it as hard as I do my Yeti SB6.
Thanks in advance :)

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Hi all, I've ordered my e10 and it will hopefully be down here in Victoria soon.
Quick question: what is the rear suspension like on square edge repeated hits, both big and small. I'll be using a 216x63mm (with offset bushes) for the rear and in mullet form.
There is a heap of really good info about motor and controller stuff, but I haven't managed to find anything on the handling for aggressive enduro style riding as yet.
This won't be a gentle gravel road build, I plan on riding it as hard as I do my Yeti SB6.
Thanks in advance :)
I‘m running the setup You described 216x63 with Cane Creek DB Coil Shock and 450 - 550 lbs progressive spring. Fox 38 180 on the front. If the suspension is dialed in correctly (I ride around 30% SAG on my bikes) the rear suspension works flawless. It‘s my first ebike, but I owned many (Intense 6.6, Alutech Fanes, Rotwild RG1) freeride / enduro bikes with comparable rear travel. The E10 at 170mm rear travel (measured on my bike) is on top of what I‘ve ridden before, sensitive on the small stuff, smooth but with good feedback in the gnarly, rocky/rooty sections, and super forgiving at hard impacts and missed landings. A boost for self confidence. I also tried a Rock Shox Vivid Air 216 x 63 with the bike, that worked also great. Sitting a little depper in the travel, very supple and plush in midstroke with good end progression, more comfortable, but less feedback. A matter of taste. Take Your time on the correct suspension setup, and You will be very happy with the bike!

F52FD338-A7DD-4765-AE10-3A5434C2E7EA.jpeg

Kezbee

Aug 8, 2019
Geelong
I‘m running the setup You described 216x63 with Cane Creek DB Coil Shock and 450 - 550 lbs progressive spring. Fox 38 180 on the front. If the suspension is dialed in correctly (I ride around 30% SAG on my bikes) the rear suspension works flawless. It‘s my first ebike, but I owned many (Intense 6.6, Alutech Fanes, Rotwild RG1) freeride / enduro bikes with comparable rear travel. The E10 at 170mm rear travel (measured on my bike) is on top of what I‘ve ridden before, sensitive on the small stuff, smooth but with good feedback in the gnarly, rocky/rooty sections, and super forgiving at hard impacts and missed landings. A boost for self confidence. I also tried a Rock Shox Vivid Air 216 x 63 with the bike, that worked also great. Sitting a little depper in the travel, very supple and plush in midstroke with good end progression, more comfortable, but less feedback. A matter of taste. Take Your time on the correct suspension setup, and You will be very happy with the bike!

View attachment 74311
Thanks Thaeber, that's helpful info. I have a Float X2 shock and Fox 36 Factory for the front already lined up to go on. A Fox 38 would be nice but I'm fairly light so I think the 36 will be fine. I'll have to check if the 36 can run a 170 air shaft, otherwise a 160 will have to do. I'll be running 29" front and 27.5" back, so that should help as well.
I'm looking forward to getting it built up and playing around with suspension settings, I'm a bit of a tech nerd with that sort of stuff. :)

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Thanks Thaeber, that's helpful info. I have a Float X2 shock and Fox 36 Factory for the front already lined up to go on. A Fox 38 would be nice but I'm fairly light so I think the 36 will be fine. I'll have to check if the 36 can run a 170 air shaft, otherwise a 160 will have to do. I'll be running 29" front and 27.5" back, so that should help as well.
I'm looking forward to getting it built up and playing around with suspension settings, I'm a bit of a tech nerd with that sort of stuff. :)
Sounds like a great setup! I also run Mullet, HA at 64 degree, perfect!

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
i'm more than 100 kg with dress and i have nothing problem of rigidity with D36. I prefer to use 160 front travel (with 216x63 standard bushess) to avoid to incresae more the bike length (XL size) and BB height. i use currently 27.5 rear and 29 front, but i find 2x29 a little (very little) better (more easy). I think 27.5 could be interessting if we can reduce base length (+- 440). It haven't a better assembly, depend of personal feeling of each.

RoyRoy

Sep 9, 2021
Australia
Any owners of the frame/bike find the frame size larger than usual?

Im about 183cm and always get frames in L size. I’m hearing this one is longer and larger than usual - looking for comments. Does it feel larger than expected?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles