Product Image:
IMG_7896.JPG

IMG_7887.JPG

IMG_7888.JPG

IMG_7889.JPG

Product name: Mr Wolf KOMDOM
Price paid: 69 Euro each
Score (out of 10): 9

Review: These were purchased at a promotional price for the launch which made them competitive with similar products I think the full price is 99 Euro.They are 500g in weight, they are not expanded plastic or foam they are a proper butyl based mousse developed in association with Rallye and Enduro mousse manufacturers. I started out with rear to soft it was squirming under the bike and took a few hard hits on roots, after adding a couple of pumps this cured it and grip was good all day in pretty greasy conditions.The front held well from the get go keeping me upright in after a squeaky bum moment that was a close run thing to OTB.
Fitting is straightforward as long as long the bead is kept well down in the well of the wheel And is well lubed with soap, they offer a mussel clamp to assist with fitting but I never used it but I did apply some silicone grease to the inside of the tyre that I had from racing enduros back in the day. I'll check what pressures I was running see how they feel to a conventional tyre and update this.
As to puncture proof time will tell

Last edited:

Timochka69

Jan 31, 2018
Helsinki
I have been running a set of these for maybe 2 months in the fall. Took them out when I installed softer tyres for the winter. They really killed battery range, but also they seem to be pretty much bulletproof protection for rims. Tinder matches +5 when installed.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles