Kenevo SL Motor Warranty?

Jase

Subscriber
Apr 22, 2022
UK
I have had a new motor fitted in June, warranty replacement, does anyone know whether this has a two year warranty from install date?

Thanks

escrs

Jun 26, 2019
UK
In the majority of countries the warranty is 2 years from the original purchase date regardless of how new the replacement motor is

Reason being is if you got a new 2 year warranty every time you got a replacement motor everyone would be jet washing their motors just as the warranty was due to run out so they could get a new free one

I'm told Bosch used to offer a 2 year warranty on all replacement motors but this has now stopped due to costs (and abuse)

Jase

Subscriber
Apr 22, 2022
UK
In the majority of countries the warranty is 2 years from the original purchase date regardless of how new the replacement motor is

Reason being is if you got a new 2 year warranty every time you got a replacement motor everyone would be jet washing their motors just as the warranty was due to run out so they could get a new free one

I'm told Bosch used to offer a 2 year warranty on all replacement motors but this has now stopped due to costs (and abuse)
Thanks

So my two years purchase warranty will be finished at the end of October. 🤞they put a good motor in then. Specialized have been good with helping rectify problems. Hopefully they would be good if the second motor packed in within what would be the expected life/mileage on a motor. I wouldn’t consider the 1700 miles on the previous to fall into that. Suppose that would be a consumer rights battle.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles