Levo Gen 2 2019 Levo motor warranty question

wrayb

May 9, 2019
North Carolina
I just had my 5th or 6th motor replacement for my 2019 Levo comp carbon (so many I am not sure any more). I bought the bike in July of 2019 so my 4 years on the motor ends this July. However... I just had another new motor installed under warranty. I might get a new 2 years of warranty with this motor but I kinda doubt it...I asked at the shop and they didn't know...they are going to find out for me so I should know soon. My question is...if...no scratch that... When my new motor stops working is there a source for belts? Clutches? Planetary gears, other?

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
Some of you guys must either have horrible luck or no mechanical sympathy! My first 2019 motor was replaced when it got quite noisy. I never failed completely. The replacement motor is still happy and quiet after almost 3 years of regular riding.

To your question, my plan is to use Bearing Man's US affiliate if I need motor service after the warranty expires. I am still satisfied with my bike, so I'll keep riding and servicing it until it turns to dust.

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
I just had my 5th or 6th motor replacement for my 2019 Levo comp carbon (so many I am not sure any more). I bought the bike in July of 2019 so my 4 years on the motor ends this July. However... I just had another new motor installed under warranty. I might get a new 2 years of warranty with this motor but I kinda doubt it...I asked at the shop and they didn't know...they are going to find out for me so I should know soon. My question is...if...no scratch that... When my new motor stops working is there a source for belts? Clutches? Planetary gears, other?

escrs

Jun 26, 2019
UK
So if your motor is replaced under warranty that new motor is only under warranty until the bike's original warranty runs out (in your case you got an extra 2 years motor only warranty for free due to Spesh extending the 2019 & 2020 motor warranty by 2 years due to the belt issue on those years motors)

Spesh do not offer a new 2 year warranty on any motor that is replaced under the normal warranty, if they did then everyone would be jet washing their motors when they only had a couple of months of the original warranty left so they could get a new one!

Bosch used to offer a brand new 2 year warranty on warranty replacement motors but they have now stopped this due to it being abused

So come July 2023 your motor will no longer be covered by warranty but Spesh do have an assisted replacement program

Assisted Replacement Pricing
Under 3 years35% off
> 3 and < 4 years 25% off
> 4 and < 5 years 20% off
> 5 years* 20% off

Now if you use the assisted replacement policy to buy a new motor then that motor is classed as brand new so will come with the 2 year warranty as standard

For more info on Spesh warranty and the assisted replacement program see the link below

head

Jul 2, 2020
Slovakia
This depends on the country. In Slovakia (maybe whole EU), a new motor gets a new warranty because thats a law.

spiderman

Feb 9, 2023
devon
Check with your dealer but your warranty shoudl extend on the last motor you had installed. Each new motor should come with a 2 year warranty.
I had four gen 2 bosh replacement motors under warranty. The last one was over the 2 year warranty so i had to pay for the new one, so then i got a new 2 year warranty because i bought the new motor.
Hope this helps.
MTB not fit for purpose!

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
So if your motor is replaced under warranty that new motor is only under warranty until the bike's original warranty runs out (in your case you got an extra 2 years motor only warranty for free due to Spesh extending the 2019 & 2020 motor warranty by 2 years due to the belt issue on those years motors)

Spesh do not offer a new 2 year warranty on any motor that is replaced under the normal warranty, if they did then everyone would be jet washing their motors when they only had a couple of months of the original warranty left so they could get a new one!

Bosch used to offer a brand new 2 year warranty on warranty replacement motors but they have now stopped this due to it being abused

So come July 2023 your motor will no longer be covered by warranty but Spesh do have an assisted replacement program

Assisted Replacement Pricing
Under 3 years35% off
> 3 and < 4 years25% off
> 4 and < 5 years20% off
> 5 years*20% off

Now if you use the assisted replacement policy to buy a new motor then that motor is classed as brand new so will come with the 2 year warranty as standard

For more info on Spesh warranty and the assisted replacement program see the link below

I had four gen 2 bosh replacement motors under warranty. The last one was over the 2 year warranty so i had to pay for the new one, so then i got a new 2 year warranty because i bought the new motor.
Hope this helps.
MTB not fit for purpose!
So you didn't have the extended 4 year warranty im thinking.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
If he had a gen2 Bosch (if you spell it correctly) then no, he wouldn't as he has a Cube :)
Cheers the thread was originally for 19 to 21 levo so I don't always see or read the small print or read and dont understand . Plus Setarday night has to be factored in for us pensioners. . Im practicing for the Spirit of Speyside whisky festival which starts next week.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles