Motor Guard question

Bamba

Dec 13, 2020
Ca
Hello Decoy community, quick question/s on the motor guard:
1. torque spec on the 4 little screws that mount it?
2. the foam insert that comes with it was mounted on the left hand side (non drive) of the guard but it looks to me that it needs to mount in the middle of the guard and cover the water hole that is in the middle back side of the guard?
3. the foam insert of the guard has one side with a taller lip - should the taller lip be facing the front or back of the bike?

apologies in advance if this was already covered somewhere else. searched high and low and couldn't find it. Thanks.

mikecol

Mar 16, 2019
Treasure Island, FL USA
My guesses from looking at the parts exploded diagram:
1) M5 screw...so maybe 3Nm? would see how much it compresses the guard.
2) drawing shows it in the center (via vert line in drawing)
3) Looks like tall foam part in front.

Last edited:

Bamba

Dec 13, 2020
Ca
Thanks for your feedback. Most stock photos for some reason have the foam installed on the drive side it seems.(see attached non stock photo here but same deal. it seems to be on right side) I wonder if it shifts over time. Where is the one on your bike located? where can i find the diagram you are referring to? Thanks.

img-20201110-wa0001.jpg

TransAmMan

Sep 18, 2019
Canada
Thanks for your feedback. Most stock photos for some reason have the foam installed on the drive side it seems.(see attached non stock photo here but same deal. it seems to be on right side) I wonder if it shifts over time. Where is the one on your bike located? where can i find the diagram you are referring to? Thanks.

View attachment 47137
What model Rockguardz are you using here ? Fits good

Update: Never mind .. found it on their website (y)

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles