Motor cuts out and won’t switch on but will off

Legendary-dave

Aug 6, 2019
UK
I was out today on my levo 2019 and the motor switched off , I had to turn on the motor by opening and closing the battery charging port flap near the crank arm , it happened numerous times , on returning home I cleaned connections and closed the charging point , nothing .... opened flap and closed again , bike switched on , checked app for fault ... nothing but a firmware update that I have to take to a shop for ...switched off at tcu ( worked fine as normal) ..wouldn’t turn on again...any suggestions?

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Most likely a damaged battery to motor cable. If it is the original I suggest you remove the non drive side crank and motor cover and take the cable out to inspect it. The usual problem with the original cable was the cap at the motor end cracking. The newer version seems to have resolved that problem.

Legendary-dave

Aug 6, 2019
UK
Most likely a damaged battery to motor cable. If it is the original I suggest you remove the non drive side crank and motor cover and take the cable out to inspect it. The usual problem with the original cable was the cap at the motor end cracking. The newer version seems to have resolved that problem.
Thanks I’ll check that out ?

slowleego

Apr 21, 2020
Eugene, Oregon
Glad I found this article! I have a 2020 Comp, and am now experiencing the same issue. I tried that posted link for the part, but it's not working. Any other suggestions where I could get that harness? Cheers, Lee

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
If your bike is 2020 the part is covered by warranty so go via your local Spesh dealer. If for any reason you do not have warranty you can still order one via the local Spesh dealer ...cost is £90 ( in the UK obvs)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles