Monterey Trails

Pacific Ryder

May 9, 2020
Northern California
Anyone know if Monterey/Carmel is EBike friendly? I have ridden the Fort Ord area years ago on my acoustic.

I have family that just moved to the area and I am looking for trail advice. Thanks in advance for the intel.

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
"Interim E-Bike Rules: The BLM is in the process of modifying regulations that currently classify electric bicycles (e-bikes) as "motorized vehicles" that are prohibited from operating on the non-motorized roads and trails at Fort Ord National Monument. Until those regulations are modified, the BLM is granting a blanket exemption for riders to operate pedal assist e-bikes on the Monument roads and trails that are also open to traditional bicycles. Class 2 e-bikes (throttle operated), must be pedaled while operated on the monument roads and trails that are closed to vehicles. "

Pacific Ryder

May 9, 2020
Northern California
"Interim E-Bike Rules: The BLM is in the process of modifying regulations that currently classify electric bicycles (e-bikes) as "motorized vehicles" that are prohibited from operating on the non-motorized roads and trails at Fort Ord National Monument. Until those regulations are modified, the BLM is granting a blanket exemption for riders to operate pedal assist e-bikes on the Monument roads and trails that are also open to traditional bicycles. Class 2 e-bikes (throttle operated), must be pedaled while operated on the monument roads and trails that are closed to vehicles. "

thanks

Sudastone

Aug 14, 2022
San Jose, Ca
This is posted on their BLM website. It looks lie we're allowed for the time being.

"Interim E-Bike Rules: The BLM is in the process of modifying regulations that currently classify electric bicycles (e-bikes) as "motorized vehicles" that are prohibited from operating on the non-motorized roads and trails at Fort Ord National Monument. Until those regulations are modified, the BLM is granting a blanket exemption for riders to operate pedal assist e-bikes on the Monument roads and trails that are also open to traditional bicycles. Class 2 e-bikes (throttle operated), must be pedaled while operated on the monument roads and trails that are closed to vehicles."

Fort Ord - Know before you go.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles