Mondraker Mind with FIT4/DPS dampers?!

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
If you haven't seen it, Mondraker Mind is a built-in telemetry ecosystem (hardware + software). Seems like an interesting idea given how expensive external solutions are.

I was excited to try a Crafty, especially since I prefer Shimano brakes and want to try a Shimano drivetrain (this is what the Crafty RR has). But when I started digging into the specs I realized even the most expensive model has a FIT4 fork and DPS shock. WTF?

This makes me think the feature is a total gimmick, or is just really coarse in it's measurements/tuning. I don't see the point of having a telemetry system with components that have such limited adjustment. Plus I don't need effing climb switches on an ebike! Disappointed :(

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
If you haven't seen it, Mondraker Mind is a built-in telemetry ecosystem (hardware + software). Seems like an interesting idea given how expensive external solutions are.

I was excited to try a Crafty, especially since I prefer Shimano brakes and want to try a Shimano drivetrain (this is what the Crafty RR has). But when I started digging into the specs I realized even the most expensive model has a FIT4 fork and DPS shock. WTF?

This makes me think the feature is a total gimmick, or is just really coarse in it's measurements/tuning. I don't see the point of having a telemetry system with components that have such limited adjustment. Plus I don't need effing climb switches on an ebike! Disappointed :(

The concept is good, and there will be some more sophisticated systems available in the not too distant future.

Also, the Crafty Carbon XR comes with Ohlins suspension (RXF fork and TTX shock) which are quite tunable.

CRAFTY CARBON XR (mondraker.com)

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
Fairly sure that the Ohlins components on the XR offer independent LSC and HSC circuits on both ends, whereas the FIT4 and DPS do not.

They don't:

Shock:

Öhlins TTX Air 205X65mm. Settings: high speed compression lever with climb mode, low-speed compression, rebound, air preload. Trunnion top mount, 25x10mm bottom bushings

Fork:

Öhlins RXF 38 29, 170mm, TTX18 Twin Tube cartridge, tapered steerer tube, Boost 15x110mm axle, offset 44mm. Settings: high speed compression lever with climb mode, low-speed compression, rebound, air preload, ramp chamber

EDIT: and no HSR in all cases.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles