• YT

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • Mondraker

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

Wadders

May 20, 2019
Woking
Hi, I know this is a matter of opinion but whats the general thoughts of a Mondraker Crusher XR+ 27.5"+ 2019 vs a YT Decoy Pro Race......pros and cons would be great. Ive got the Yt on order but having to wait until September is killing me...

Mondraker.jpg

decoy.jpg

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
Crusher looks a nice bike. Been out for quite a while now though and the release of the new Bosch motor will probably mean new Mondrakers. There looked to be an unmarked Mondraker at the Bosch motor release press day.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Crusher use the e8000, rather than the Bosch. On paper the Crusher looks like a great bike, never seen one in the flesh, only the Bosch equipped Mondrakers which are heavy bikes.

Any idea what the crusher weighs?

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
It looks nice. Uses the old Shimano in tube battery so not as svelte looking as their other bikes and was the first all carbon emtb IIRC. It’s been around in this form for the best part of a couple of years though. A likely candidate for a refresh. Some good deals to be had compared to its initial release price.

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
Weight for the XR is 22.7kg so probably very similar weight wise especially when reports are the Decoy is heavier than advertised.

Jamsxr

E*POWAH Master
Mar 30, 2019
Surrey
Both very tasty, I would go with whatever’s available. Having done 600km in the first month of eBike ownership, it’s all about getting out on your bike and enjoying riding the thing!

Decoy was on my list but as soon as I saw the lead-time it was quickly off.

Camstyn

Jun 19, 2019
Kamloops BC
i looked at the Mondraker earlier this year but it’s just too expensive for me.

Compared to the Decoy it has a steeper head angle, slacker seat tube angle, longer chain stays, smaller battery and the Sram EX1 8spd drivetrain for a much higher price tag. I’d be patient.

I do feel your pain though, my order which I placed in March was supposed to be here June 12th has been pushed back to July 29th.

Norway1980

Jan 16, 2019
trondheim
i bought the 2018 ecrusher rr in feb with 45% discount and have to say it is an excellent bike.

if i had the option of the decoy or the crusher for the same price and same spec the decoy is the better option but if you can get a good deal on the crusher its still very nice.

decoy is a slighter slacker improved version of the crusher in my opinion :
sleeker frame with custom battery
29 /27.5 wheel combo
slighter slacker head angle

but - worth confirming what u do if the battery stops working - might have to send it back to yt with the bike, and believe there is just 6mths warranty on the battery

Wadders

May 20, 2019
Woking
i bought the 2018 ecrusher rr in feb with 45% discount and have to say it is an excellent bike.

if i had the option of the decoy or the crusher for the same price and same spec the decoy is the better option but if you can get a good deal on the crusher its still very nice.

decoy is a slighter slacker improved version of the crusher in my opinion :
sleeker frame with custom battery
29 /27.5 wheel combo
slighter slacker head angle

but - worth confirming what u do if the battery stops working - might have to send it back to yt with the bike, and believe there is just 6mths warranty on the battery

Yes I think you right on the battery front! wonder why they only give such a short warranty!

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
It’s a nice bike. Well equipped and rides well so far. Still have some tuning to do with the suspension.
Has the annoying rattle others have posted. My pipe lagging hack didn’t cure it first go?
Definitely aimed more at DH than my Focus Jam2.
I try to be a bit more subjective than ‘it’s the best bike ever jus coz I bought one!’ So if you have any particular questions fire away......

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk
Does it make you more attractive?
How does the mixed wheel size feel.
When you have done some rides it’ll be great to know the real range on the battery.

Now the killer question. I have on on order, and it’s not due till mid September, is it worth the wait??

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
Nobody noticed the bike so they were still clearly besotted with my devilishly good looks? it was noisy enough that clockwork bikers were pulling over on the climbs before I got to them.

I posted details of distance and height climbed on the main Decoy thread.
I cannot say I really noticed the mullet setup but then I jump from a 27.5+ ebike to a 29er Enduro bike day to day. It rolled over things fine and handled nicely. There is still some work to do on the suspension, need some volume spacers for the rear before being able to really comment.

As for the big question, it all depends what you want from the bike.....

Lee Dove

Oct 12, 2018
Scotland
Nobody noticed the bike so they were still clearly besotted with my devilishly good looks? it was noisy enough that clockwork bikers were pulling over on the climbs before I got to them.

I cannot say I really noticed the mullet setup but then I jump from a 27.5+ ebike to a 29er Enduro bike day to day. It rolled over things fine and handled nicely. There is still some work to do on the suspension, need some volume spacers for the rear before being able to really comment.

I am also thinking I need another token in the rear shock.

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk

I want it to make me better looking cos I’m an ugly f&£@r ...lol. Good feedback lad. Cheers.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles