Mondraker 2022

devargos

Jan 17, 2022
Jersey
After much googlying and pondering I decided on a crafty xr over an alloy levo. I thought i might try and see if I could order an alloy Crafty xr from my lbs. Turns out he had one right there that someone had ordered but hadn't followed through with yet!!! I can't ignore fate or destiny or whatever you call it. I was hoping I could order one for a few months time and now its happening this week its all so sudden and thrilling.

Picking her up today I am beyond excited.

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
After much googlying and pondering I decided on a crafty xr over an alloy levo. I thought i might try and see if I could order an alloy Crafty xr from my lbs. Turns out he had one right there that someone had ordered but hadn't followed through with yet!!! I can't ignore fate or destiny or whatever you call it. I was hoping I could order one for a few months time and now its happening this week its all so sudden and thrilling.

Picking her up today I am beyond excited.
Look forward to the photos bud, great bikes! (y)

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
Still waiting on mine. Lbs said mid to late Jan. Well late Jan is here and heard nothing. 😭

devargos

Jan 17, 2022
Jersey
20220127_164512.jpg
Well I got it. Tyre inserts, changed grips, got convinced with the bling pedals I would normally go plain black. Really undecided on mudguard leaving it on for now. I removed the new kiox display I'm really not that into the data and have the phone app anyway. Got it all set up for me, now have to wait till tomorrow to ride.

As I said wasn't expecting to get this now Was hoping to just be able to order one for the future sometime but it found me I suppose. I feel so lucky and happy and cant wait to ride it.

Motohawk75

Dec 30, 2020
U.K.
I just picked up this very bike at the weekend, absolutely stunning machine :love: You wouldn’t believe how much swatting up i did on all bikes, even those not out yet, but the mondraker just kept catching my eye lol. Apart from the one downside you mention, which is manageable imo. the only negative I found (which seems to be throughout the range) is poor brake choice by going with SRAM. For this money they should be better.
I haven’t had time to really test the bike yet but I’ll try changing pads to galfer and replacing discs for some hope tech I have spare as this is supposed to improve things. anyway the new Bosch system 3 is amazing, really quiet and controlled, and the bike itself oozes quality from a top EMTB brand. I’m 5’11 and medium for me is perfect, large should be fine for you (y)

View attachment 80706
Have you ridden it yet ? Keen to hear what you think ….

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
Another mod carnt fine a rear guard for it to stop muck build up in the linkage so made this for now works 👌🏻

View attachment 80869

View attachment 80870
The RRP PROGUARD size small fits snuggly upside down in the spot behind the motor and protects it nicely! I’ve also modified a front crud xl fender as a quick removable option above the RRP if the conditions are extra muddy (y)

For the front the FOX XL is a no brainier, great fit

DC510E02-7568-4B22-A07C-5D7E8DB2FB87.jpeg

20DB3BFC-7EDC-43BE-9332-338244BB2205.jpeg

Last edited:

Fatsweaty

Sep 1, 2021
UK
Just took mine out for its first ride yesterday, my first Ebike too. What a revelation !! Crafty R
IMG_0284.jpg

Heavier than I anticipated and regretted initially cancelling the Orbea Rise, mainly because of manhandling it around the place . Took it for a ride mild xc and it rides so light for its weight. Totally totally overbiked for local trails but I wanted a swiss army knife type bike that was re-assuring when away at more challenging areas.

Dino

Oct 30, 2019
Devon

rafaellop

Dec 8, 2020
Poland
Another mod carnt fine a rear guard for it to stop muck build up in the linkage so made this for now works 👌🏻

2022-03-31_19-03.png

You should rather cover this gap as shown in my picture. The low linkage bearings is prone to a serious mud and dirt abuse including water from the wheels and you may find out soon the rear triangle has lateral play due to the bearings damage. I've got 2021 model and some day I noticed clunk sound on the trial which I thought is from the motor, but it was from the loose on the lower linkage. I had to dismantle this and when I got there there the bearings was totally stuck with so much dirt that I never seen in a bike bushing. So for this season I have cut a mudguard and protected this and I suggest you should also. Will thank me later :)

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
View attachment 85079

You should rather cover this gap as shown in my picture. The low linkage bearings is prone to a serious mud and dirt abuse including water from the wheels and you may find out soon the rear triangle has lateral play due to the bearings damage. I've got 2021 model and some day I noticed clunk sound on the trial which I thought is from the motor, but it was from the loose on the lower linkage. I had to dismantle this and when I got there there the bearings was totally stuck with so much dirt that I never seen in a bike bushing. So for this season I have cut a mudguard and protected this and I suggest you should also. Will thank me later :)

I covered this area on day one on my CC RR. A Small front RRP proguard fitted upside down fits like a glove and keeps all that crap away (y)
1D6C5DD6-3FF5-4A09-BBA1-6077D752DFDE.jpeg

Pezzar

Apr 6, 2022
Rugeley, England United Kingdom
Just took mine out for its first ride yesterday, my first Ebike too. What a revelation !! Crafty R
View attachment 84224

Heavier than I anticipated and regretted initially cancelling the Orbea Rise, mainly because of manhandling it around the place . Took it for a ride mild xc and it rides so light for its weight. Totally totally overbiked for local trails but I wanted a swiss army knife type bike that was re-assuring when away at more challenging areas.

Hello there - another bike I'm looking at (along with the Rise). Was initially concerned that it may be a heavy and slightly 'dead' feeling bike on the normal trails (ie trail centre stuff - reds). I'm sure it'll plough over anything, but is it still lively enough along the tight, fast and twisty stuff? I'm a 88 kg rider myself so hopefully the bike won't feel that heavy to me.
Thanks.

rafaellop

Dec 8, 2020
Poland
It won't feel less lively than other emtbs. You could find a difference comparing to an analog bike, but ebikes are mostly the same. IMHO it's more lively than a Levo I tested before I bought mine Mondraker.

Pezzar

Apr 6, 2022
It won't feel less lively than other emtbs. You could find a difference comparing to an analog bike, but ebikes are mostly the same. IMHO it's more lively than a Levo I tested before I bought mine Mondraker.

Cheers mate, sure you are right - my big dilemma is I am looking at my first ebike - do I go full fat or halfway house with the Rise? such a hard choice to make.

rafaellop

Dec 8, 2020
Poland
You should take them both on a test drive and find out on your own. The weight penalty is IMO not that meaningful but you get better range and spend less (this I'm not 100% sure ) buying the heavier one. Also the Bosch system is better and more reliable. I've had Shimano in my previous emtb and the battery deteriorated fast and the range was significally less. Eventually I bought a new battery, but still wasn't able to get more than 1500 m. My best result on Mondraker was 2250 m vertical on one charge during a 65 km trip and I'm about your weight (89kg + gear). These are my few cents, but as I said it's better to take a ride and decide on your own.

Pezzar

Apr 6, 2022
You should take them both on a test drive and find out on your own. The weight penalty is IMO not that meaningful but you get better range and spend less (this I'm not 100% sure ) buying the heavier one. Also the Bosch system is better and more reliable. I've had Shimano in my previous emtb and the battery deteriorated fast and the range was significally less. Eventually I bought a new battery, but still wasn't able to get more than 1500 m. My best result on Mondraker was 2250 m vertical on one charge during a 65 km trip and I'm about your weight (89kg + gear). These are my few cents, but as I said it's better to take a ride and decide on your own.

Cheers, good advice. I'm fairly sure which way I'm heading now tbh and it's full fat and Bosch gen 4 - of course the biggest problem is finding a bike available and in stock without going way over budget.

Big Steve

Apr 30, 2022
North Yorkshire
I Have just bought a crafty R and it amazing. had to do a lot of looking around before choosing the Mondraker due to my WEIGHT 125kg so that crossed of a lot of bikes, then there was what was available.

Ive have had the bike now 4 weeks and its amazing comfy to ride and the Bosch motor gives me more than enough power (not used turbo yet as not needed it).

20220420_105418.jpg

amargarit

Apr 30, 2021
Barcelona
Hello all,

I'm having some problem with the chainring rubbing on the chainstays. Could someone told me which is the correct offset for the Bosch spider? which is the chainline for the Crafty 2021/22?

Thank you.

enewb

Apr 2, 2021
California
Embracing ebike life is the theme here! The goal is to drop some more pounds… however it’s never going to be the 39lb Orbea Rise that it replaced :ROFLMAO:
Can’t wait to ride this beast this weekend!

48lb as seen with;
longer 175mm Fox transfer
minimal Selle carbon saddle
Pacenti 20mm stem and bar
Xx1 rd
Sram force 10-33 cass
Dissector/Rekon on Revel/hydra
Praxis carbon arms incoming*

DA7F5D6D-15E9-4F86-8321-6B2481D6F987.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles