Mondraker 2022

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
Loving the look of the new range :love: however non removable batteries across the range is just crazy?! Very limiting factor for a lot of people :unsure:

thoughts below?

BF20F215-12D6-436F-9AC8-80A1EF4D01B5.jpeg

90B0F729-BC74-4295-8593-EEDE9DDC70BC.jpeg

E31793DF-BE62-40A0-8639-02D1F5BB0C71.jpeg

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
Like you Polaris, I looked forward to this video but all I learnt was that the new bikes will have the latest Bosch kit.

Can I ask where you found the pictures, (I particularly like the red one but it is illustrated with the 'Mind' set-up) and have you found any more details.

I am assuming that just the c/f ones have a non-removable battery, to keep the weight down. The aluminium ones will have a removable battery as is the case now, but you will know more than me.

Last edited:

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
Like you Polaris, I looked forward to this video but all I learnt was that the new bikes will have the latest Bosch kit.

Can I ask where you found the pictures, (I particularly like the red one but it is illustrated with the 'Mind' set-up) and have you found any more details.

I am assuming that just the c/f ones have a non-removable battery, to keep the weight down. The aluminium ones will have a removable battery as is the case now, but you will know more than me.
The red one is the crafty carbon RR.. absolute beast but £8500 that’s some dent in the pocket!

regarding the batteries, no, even the aluminium ones are non removable which is crazy?!?

more pics for your delight :love:

767DDA12-7012-423D-AF24-3827C38A1D8E.jpeg

CFDF9F5C-5FC2-4321-9077-0482B1611BE7.jpeg

JetSetDemo

🍦Two Scoops🍦
Patreon
Apr 1, 2018
Ashby de la Zouch
This will be fine for some users. I had a 2017 Levo from new and always removed the battery for charging. When I switched to a 2019 Levo I think I only ever removed the battery once when I was away at trail days to charge, it’s too much faff so would not have made any difference if it had been non removable.

I got a Sant Cruz bullet this year and I don’t even know how the battery comes out, I think even if I removed it you need some adapter to charge off the bike.

there is definitely a market that’s not impacted by a non removable battery.

plus these do look amazing ?

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
This is where my money is going on my next bike.
I would like a removable battery, but it's not a deal breaker for my needs.
It keeps weight down and stops rattles being a fixed battery.
I think this year they are actually good value with all the equipment you get on them.

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
This will be fine for some users. I had a 2017 Levo from new and always removed the battery for charging. When I switched to a 2019 Levo I think I only ever removed the battery once when I was away at trail days to charge, it’s too much faff so would not have made any difference if it had been non removable.

I got a Sant Cruz bullet this year and I don’t even know how the battery comes out, I think even if I removed it you need some adapter to charge off the bike.

there is definitely a market that’s not impacted by a non removable battery.

plus these do look amazing ?
I agree it’s not a deal breaker but lithium batteries don’t like the cold and my garage is sub zero a lot of the year. I’ll try to find a heater wrap or something for the frame though as I’ve reserved a crafty RR :love:

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
I've always been drawn to the design of these bikes but always thought the aluminium one was a tad heavy. Perhaps this is why they have dropped the removable battery, that and to also compensate for the heavier 750 wh battery.

The c/f frame is beautiful but I have two mates who have both destroyed their c/f frames (not Mondies) with run of the mill crashes so that puts me off one.

I currently have a 2018 Focus Jam so a fixed battery is not new to me.

Just wish I had more details of the new models as there is currently a 2021 Crafty R in a nearby bike shop that is calling me.

Paul Mac

Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Looks like the carbon crafty is coming with the MIND built in telemetry

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
I've always been drawn to the design of these bikes but always thought the aluminium one was a tad heavy. Perhaps this is why they have dropped the removable battery, that and to also compensate for the heavier 750 wh battery.

The c/f frame is beautiful but I have two mates who have both destroyed their c/f frames (not Mondies) with run of the mill crashes so that puts me off one.

I currently have a 2018 Focus Jam so a fixed battery is not new to me.

Just wish I had more details of the new models as there is currently a 2021 Crafty R in a nearby bike shop that is calling me.
Full details of each bike in on their website

Paul Mac

Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
This is stated on their site.

CRAFTY RANGE
Featuring a completely revised frame for 2022 the new Crafty benefits from a significant weight reduction, refined suspension kinematics and Bosch CX GEN4 technology.

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
This is stated on their site.

CRAFTY RANGE
Featuring a completely revised frame for 2022 the new Crafty benefits from a significant weight reduction, refined suspension kinematics and Bosch CX GEN4 technology.

Yes, I read that but I'm more of a facts and figures man myself rather than an advertising b.s. believer. :LOL:

Paul Mac

Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Last years model was just a touch over 20kg. The new model is around 4lbs heavier.
I can't see how it can be 2 kg heavier, the new battery only accounts for 900g, and they state they have shaved some weight off the frame for 2022?
I was hoping 22kg would be the weight for the crafty rr not the sl version.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I think the 20kg range bikes were the older RR SL (2020) with the 500wh battery and everything stripped down - like crap tyres out of the box for the sake of weight.

The 21 bikes all seemed to be nearer 25kg's (crafty R 29 24.8 - 25.1kg with 625 depending where you read it RR - 24.6kg with 625)

For example :

Though there are still some RR SL's listed as low 20's

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
Does this mean a Crafty R will be 27 kg's now then ? Doesn't make sense ..
Mondraker are being very coy about weights of these bikes. They have put every other technical detail against each bike but weight. Got to be something they aren’t proud of I guess. If they haven’t managed to keep the weight down by making every battery non removable that would be a real shame. They are already getting quite a lot of stick on their FB page about it.

Paul Mac

Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
I'm sure I saw the 2021 weights as 22kg for the crafty carbon r and 21.5kg for the rr
Zimmer are you refering to the aluminium versions weight?

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
I've just started looking at these, don't know much about Mondraker to be honest, are they generally decent quality?

Looking at the sizing, they look like they might run a bit big? My medium Focus has a reach of 435mm, medium on these is 470mm... Obviously there's more to it than just reach.

The Chaser R looks plenty of bike for me, would be interested to know the weight also...

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
I was really interested in either a Crafty Carbon R or just a Crafty R as I think they are one of the best looking bikes out there and the build is pretty good. But the more I read about them, the more I am beginning to think a Canyon, or even a Rail, would be a better buy for me and general XC riding.

I don't need a whacking great 4 kg battery, 625 wh is more than enough for me and even the c/f ones seem to be getting a little bit lardy or ultra ex[pensive.

Canyon Spectral On is catching my eye but there is no sign of 2022 designs yet.

Mohawk3a

Mar 20, 2021
California
I think the 20kg range bikes were the older RR SL (2020) with the 500wh battery and everything stripped down - like crap tyres out of the box for the sake of weight.

The 21 bikes all seemed to be nearer 25kg's (crafty R 29 24.8 - 25.1kg with 625 depending where you read it RR - 24.6kg with 625)

For example :

Though there are still some RR SL's listed as low 20's

Yep. I was only talking about the carbon crafty rr sl model. I believe the 500w rr sl was 19.7 kg, 625w was 20.2 kg. The new 2022 carbon crafty rr sl with 750w battery is 22.08kg. The new model is now at the same weight as a gen2 sworks levo. I would still consider it lightweight, but not super lightweight like last years model.

I wish more ebike companies would start offering bikes with smaller main batteries that accept water bottle batteries. I levo the setup on my levo sl. 320w main battery and I can decide wether or not I want to connect the 160w range extender. I wish more full powered ebikes were setup this way.

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
Yep. I was only talking about the carbon crafty rr sl model. I believe the 500w rr sl was 19.7 kg, 625w was 20.2 kg. The new 2022 carbon crafty rr sl with 750w battery is 22.08kg. The new model is now at the same weight as a gen2 sworks levo. I would still consider it lightweight, but not super lightweight like last years model.

I wish more ebike companies would start offering bikes with smaller main batteries that accept water bottle batteries. I levo the setup on my levo sl. 320w main battery and I can decide wether or not I want to connect the 160w range extender. I wish more full powered ebikes were setup this way.

Any idea what the non carbon Crafty R weighs? Or the Chaser R? Thanks

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles