Mobility Scooter Build Questions

hogicid

Jun 2, 2023
United States
Hello all.

I am designing a lightweight, takedown mobility scooter. One question I have is on motor wattage. I am trying to keep the scooter weight to under 100 pounds and i weight about 250 pounds, so total weight would come in at about 350 to 400 pounds. I am planning for a very short wheelbase, so a top speed of 7 or 10 mph is all I should plan on. Do you have a recommendation on the wattage and type of motor i should consider? I also want 10 inch wheels with 3.5 inch width to make it easier to navigate on grass and dirt. I pkan on a single drive wheel in back and two steerable wheels in front. I see drive wheels on your website that would work nicely that have a freewheeling sprocket. My question is on the freewheeling sprocket. I need a parking brake for the scooter. Do you have suggestions for how to implement a parking brake? So, my two questions are what motor type and size should i cansider and how can i implement a parking brake?

hogicid

Jun 2, 2023
United States
Hello all.

I am designing a lightweight, takedown mobility scooter. One question I have is on motor wattage. I am trying to keep the scooter weight to under 100 pounds and i weight about 250 pounds, so total weight would come in at about 350 to 400 pounds. I am planning for a very short wheelbase, so a top speed of 7 or 10 mph is all I should plan on. Do you have a recommendation on the wattage and type of motor i should consider? I also want 10 inch wheels with 3.5 inch width to make it easier to navigate on grass and dirt. I pkan on a single drive wheel in back and two steerable wheels in front. I see drive wheels on your website that would work nicely that have a freewheeling sprocket. My question is on the freewheeling sprocket. I need a parking brake for the scooter. Do you have suggestions for how to implement a parking brake of mobility scooter? So, my two questions are what motor type and size should i cansider and how can i implement a parking brake?
thanks in advance for any help

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles