Mister Rod's Wild Ride

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
It started off nearly a year ago, way up in the hills. My group and I were out for a casual ride, and this other menacing-looking gang showed up. We slowly rolled by, each group suspiciously eyeballing the other. No shots were fired, no guns pulled, and everyone went home safely.

A couple days later, on this very eMTB forum, one of the members said, "Hey, you're that guy!" And then I realized that no, HE was the other guy on the trail. It turns out, @Rod B. was his real name. We've been riding together since.

Last week, Mister Rod put together a ride, and a bunch of us from SoCal met up in Southwest Utah. The geology of the area leaves us with giant mesas, the tops of which are a sandstone conglomerate. The riding has traction, which on a scale of 1 to 10, comes in at 11. The stone is in big waves that you have to hop up, drop, navigate, and negotiate. It's pretty strenuous. In addition to bare stone, there are bushes, trees, petrified wood, and epic trails. I could go on and on, so I'll just stop typing and leave you with a few pics from the festivities.

View from atop Gooseberry Mesa. Zion in the background.
IMG_8627.jpeg

The trail often follows the edges of the mesas.
IMG_8594.jpeg

So... much... fun.
IMG_8635.jpeg

Me (Rob) playing on the edge.
IMG_8601.jpeg

The man, the legend, the Poster Boy for the Las Vegas Department of Tourism.
Rod B. getting an extra credit ride on the way home, in Las Vegas.
IMG_8702.jpeg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles