E Wild rubber

Tim29

Jul 10, 2018
Left the building
EWild 200 mile update. Theses girls got a true beating last two days. Some of the roughest fastest gnarliest chunk you ever want to throw your bike down and i haven’t gotten a single flat. both my hoops are severely beaten and the tire shows no signs of it.
So have run this combo so far. tires are 29x2.6. rims 32-34-35-36.5-40 internals. I’ve settle on 35mm internal front is my fav if you run the rear mounted up front. 36.5 if you running the front up front. First i say if your on heavy side or like to run lower air pressure the rear tire up front is money!!
I set new records on our test course today with the rear tires up front and was able to run a few less psi and it held up in hard corners and gave great grip on fast loose flat turns. 18-22psi. Normal front psi is 24-31. the side knob grip is the magic to these tires. There slightly lacking on really hard braking straight in traction, but if your braking late into the turn they hold there line. The tread is showing some good wear and most tires i have tested at close to these paces and mileage have knobs missing completely torn out of the casing. so durability is better then average and i would expect on average you get 1000miles out of a set if your not one to skid much. As the tread wears the tires seem to roll faster and only loose minimal grip from new. There not great in mud but there not terrible. I lost the front couple times today in wet conditions but the tire left with solid feed back that it was leaving town was able to recover with minimal heart rate increase.
Has less tread wander then Mary up front, quicker to respond in most conditions.
Wet traction mud B
Dry traction B
Hard pack A
Wet roots B
Straight line braking loose C+
Hard pack braking B+
Corner traction A
Dry roots stumps A+
Hiro dirt A++

95F0F1CF-83EE-4655-BF3F-6C02969AAD29.jpeg

Winryn

Nov 10, 2019
Shropshire
Just put a 2.8 on the front of my focus as I destroyed the maxis reckon on rocks Monday. Only done a road test so far but seem super sticky the way they pick up all the stones off the road. Look great too.

What pressures we all using ? I’m tubeless but says min 26psi whereas I was down to 16psi before.

Notice the rear is a heavy old beast at 1.3kg. Reluctant to stick such a heavy tyre on. Anyone notice any negative effects ? Or do the motors remove the rotating weight Issues ?

Tim29

Jul 10, 2018
Left the building
Just put a 2.8 on the front of my focus as I destroyed the maxis reckon on rocks Monday. Only done a road test so far but seem super sticky the way they pick up all the stones off the road. Look great too.

What pressures we all using ? I’m tubeless but says min 26psi whereas I was down to 16psi before.

Notice the rear is a heavy old beast at 1.3kg. Reluctant to stick such a heavy tyre on. Anyone notice any negative effects ? Or do the motors remove the rotating weight Issues ?
I don’t notice the heavy unless I’m on a pump track and above assist speeds

Tim29

Jul 10, 2018
Left the building
Just to to try all possibilities i ran Ewild up front yesterday mounted backwards,, i mounted it up by backwards by mistake so though oh hell let’s just try it out.
It def has more grip running backwards but you loose fair bit of speed. So if speed isn’t an issue and full on grip is all your after, def something you want to try. I’m still struggling with the physics side of how it has so much more breaking traction with tire backwards. But it comes at a heavy price in speed. But def adds to fun factor on deep and steep day.

DC388CF7-58E6-4BDF-878A-27C3200E716D.jpeg

Tim29

Jul 10, 2018
Left the building
Tim how are they to mount? I bought an Eddy Current and it simply won't fit on my Bontrager (shallow) rims. Hopefully these aren't as difficult!
There nothing like the eddy to mount that’s for sure. I was able to mount the 29er by hand no tools. Taking it off today and turned it to normal direction was easy with just single plastic spoon, that’s on a carbon wheel that eddy won’t go on without feeling like i brake the bead edge

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
I need to buy new tires soon as my stock Butchers started to slip, these E-wilds seems interesting, any idea when they will start to sell them in 29"?

Tim29

Jul 10, 2018
Left the building
I need to buy new tires soon as my stock Butchers started to slip, these E-wilds seems interesting, any idea when they will start to sell them in 29"?
I don’t know the release date on them. Michelin didn’t say, but rumor says early spring. I think once they get all the data back from the test tires they sent out. If everyone else has had same luck i have i can’t see the tire not ready for final run. haven’t had any issues so far.

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Try a wild rockr for comparison. Even more edgy. Side knobs are spaced tighter so like 80% more edge contact in the corners. The 2.35 rockr isnt much narrower than a 2.6 ewild. Im running a ewild 2.6 rear on a 35mm inner and a rockr2 2.35 up front on a 30mm inner. Want to lace up a 35mm inner up front and swap the rear ewild for the fresh rockr2 i have. Same rubber as ewilds with burlier knobs
Dh tires just released look amazing too

deksawyer

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jan 11, 2020
Fife, Scotland
I've read mixed reports when dealing with wet and mud. Anything good to report from users?

Was thinking about the Wild Enduro 27.5/2.4 for my 35mm rims......my current Nobby Nics 2.8 are useless in the mud.

cheers

D.

Loamranger

Dec 10, 2019
U.K.
I have a friend with a Kenevo that’s recently gone 2.8 MM orange front and 2.6 EWild rear, he’s liking. I’m thinking of same front or 2.6 MM purple front and 2.5 WT Shorty rear.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
I've read mixed reports when dealing with wet and mud. Anything good to report from users?

Was thinking about the Wild Enduro 27.5/2.4 for my 35mm rims......my current Nobby Nics 2.8 are useless in the mud.

cheers

D.

I have the wild 29'ers on my levo and you can lean the thing like an MX bike in the mud.. every time I ride I take them a bit further and im yet to fall off... probably not trying hard enough eh ;) they do slide of course but very predictable.. love em

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I can only say for the e-wilds not the wilds. They're hugely confidence inspiring. In mud on the power, if it's really soppy, they will spin slightly but then always seem to magically bite and pull you through. A few transit trails here have just been destroyed by harvesters driven by someone paid per mile rather than per tree (I can only assume). The wilds have pulled me through all of those trails where everyone else on electric or normal and a whole mix of tyres have had to stop and walk once bogged down.

If you really push too hard and you're at the limits, they will eventually slide, but EVERY time they've caught again for me. The outside knobs are larger, so I guess that as you reach that point in the slide they'll eventually grab and save the day. I think Gary will tell you that the DHR/DHF has a point where they'll slide before you hit the outside knobs, for me (a muppet) I never found that particularly confidence inspiring, presumably if you're a better rider, you can be more relaxed and work with that. The e-wilds just seem more supportive and predictable, yet with considerably less rolling resistance.

A couple of days ago I was really pushing too hard for the conditions and surface (being immature...) they let go on a fast downhill section of wet mud and mixed leaves over stone on a turn at about 50kph. I really did think I was going down, but nope ... they caught once again and encouraged me to continue with my stupidity and underwear colouring ! :)

There is no single type of mud though and we have different riding styles (or none in my case) so they won't work for everyone as magically as I find them.

salko

Aug 29, 2019
SLO
If someone not noticed, e-wilds in 29x2.6 started to apear in many shops across EU, I think I might buy a pair although my current MM and EC not worn out yet.

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Ewild 2.8 rear on the rear 27.5 and dropped to the 2.6 on the front for a bit more surgicality ? Seems to work for me. Is a few mm smaller diam than the 2.8 but hasn't caused noticeable issues.
Just ordered up the same for summer. If they prove as good, as the Assegia/Shorty combo in the mud I'll be leaving on all year. Hope springs eternally!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles