Wild or Rail?

Jim25

Jan 23, 2020
London
Keep reading the reviews for both the Orbea Wild fs and he Trek Rail...
And can't make a decision!
Also can't find anywhere to actually demo the Orbea locally in Hertfordshire

Gazzaaitken

Nov 7, 2019
Scotland
I had looked at both, went with the orbea thought it was a better spec for the price, but I also got 20% off the orbea so it was a no brainer

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
The Wild has two things that the Rail doesn't; twin battery option and extra weight(and that's before you add another battery).
If you're an epic-ride kind of guy it's a no-brainer. If you're not it's a harder decision to make.

Jim25

Jan 23, 2020
London
The Wild has two things that the Rail doesn't; twin battery option and extra weight(and that's before you add another battery).
If you're an epic-ride kind of guy it's a no-brainer. If you're not it's a harder decision to make.
I'm not an epic mile muncher, the single 625 battery would be fine for 95% of my riding.

I like the Treks slacker head and how it rode on the trail.
But on paper (I haven't riden it) I prefer the orbea with 160mm front and back and it sounds like it climbs better than the Trek

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I'm not an epic mile muncher, the single 625 battery would be fine for 95% of my riding.
One neutral vote
I like the Treks slacker head and how it rode on the trail.
One vote for the Rail.
But on paper (I haven't riden it) I prefer the orbea with 160mm front and back and it sounds like it climbs better than the Trek
One for the Wild.

I did say it wouldn't be easy...

Will you really notice the extra 10mm on the back? Or miss it if you don't have it?
Why does the Wild climb better? Genuine question, I haven't bothered reading any reviews of it, or the Rail for that matter.
My Rail has climbed everything my Powerfly did, albeit not quite so easily, but it carves so much better than the PF did.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles