Meg Neg on Deluxe RT3, RE:aktiv w/Thru Shaft

Sofaboy73

May 26, 2020
UK
has anyone tried fitting a meg neg to the Deluxe RT3 re:aktiv / thru shaft shock that comes stock on a number of the rails?

does it fit ok? has i improved the shock?

fitted one to the super deluxe on my bronson and it improved the small bump and mid stroke support no end, hoping to replicate similar with the Deluxe RT3 on my Rail as an affordable upgrade before going down the route of looking at new rear shock

datonetti

Jun 9, 2020
Lodi, ca 95240
I have the Meg Neg on order 230 x 57.5. I also have it on my 2019 Bronson, Improved mid stroke support and suppleness off the top. You will need a 25mm crowsfoot for the installation on the Reaktiv.

Jamescoughlan

Subscriber
Jul 13, 2020
Aberporth
I fitted one to mine and saw no performance improvement. Talking to TF Tuned the limiting factor is the Reactiv technology so improving the mid stroke - which it did - doesn’t improve the overall performance.

Mine continues to feel like it’s packing up over high frequency repeated hits; I.e. trail riding at speed!

Unfortunately the Reativ stuff can’t be removed :(

My mate’s DPX2 on his Merida was so much nicer.

So I’ve bought a DPX2 off eBay and it’s booked in for a tune and stroke correction in a couple of weeks; hopefully that will sort the rear suspension without braking the bank. (Looking at you Öhlins!)

If you’re still keen, and in the UK, I’d be happy to sell you my Megneg if you want to try?!

Jamescoughlan

Subscriber
Jul 13, 2020
Aberporth
Sorry Sofaboy, I've just seen this! I sold it a while ago now so it's gone.

I had it fitted on the Rail.

Not a huge amount of faff, the crow's foot spanner was the only "challenge".

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles