• MaxxGrip

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • MaxxTerra

Votes: 10 76.9%

• Total voters

akira

Dec 9, 2021
SanDiego
Running a Maxxis DHR ll Wide Trail Double Down 3C rear tire in 27.5x2.4. Currently have a MaxxGrip and it's wearing quick! Anyone running this same spec tire in MaxxTerra and happy with wear?

maramouse

Mar 24, 2018
Genoa Italy
Running a Maxxis DHR ll Wide Trail Double Down 3C rear tire in 27.5x2.4. Currently have a MaxxGrip and it's wearing quick! Anyone running this same spec tire in MaxxTerra and happy with wear?
I use dhr II exo+ or dd maxxterra on my TL, never used maxxgrip for the rear tire, in my opinion is too soft, but even this compound wears out quite quickly, less than maxxgrip but there is no exaggerated difference, it will be 20%
IMHO the old dual compound was perfect for the rear tire, it was a shore 50, but it is practically no longer found in the maxxis catalog, otherwise in the exo carcass, too weak for ebike.

Nikolaos Tsivis

Oct 19, 2019
Greece
Hello.

I only run DH tyres on my Kenevo, so only MaxxGrip compound avail. During summertime, I need more than one tyre per month. It is wearing off very very fast when riding DH.

Brgds/Nikolaos Tsivis

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
I had about 2,500km out of max terra. That was all bush - mostly hardpack / rocky. It was the lightest of the maxxis casings but with a tannus insert.

I'm running dhr2 in dual compound now. It has a stiffer sidewall - I think 90 tpi? I do about 2km on road getting to the track and back now, so will stay with that compound on the rear, max terra on the front. I don't notice any difference except for the stiffer sidewalls.

Dmaguirenz

Nov 22, 2021
New zealand
Yes , 27.5x 2.4 max terra DD, I really like this tire. Reasonably grippy with the side knobs. But it rolls so fast compared to the max grip..and seems to be holding up ok, like the casing, running with no insert atm...fingers crossed.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles