Manta5 XE-1 Unboxing

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
New eBike has arrived! Well, it’s not really a bike as such because it has no wheels.

But it’s also like an eBike - sort of, because it’s got cranks, pedals, chain, saddle and a handlebar... plus an electric motor for pedal assist. A limited pilot production run for pre-sales early adopters in New Zealand initially... so we get to be the first to play :)

thewrx

Sep 4, 2019
US
Cool idea, but any lakes or streams around my piece of the globe are going to have boulders or stumps that would make short work of those delicate foils.

Does it sink or float btw?

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Cool Video. I can't believe how quickly that thing got on the plane ! - or on the foil ... I was expecting you to be splashing about like a demented sea lion for hours .. :)
That was the scenario I was dreading... I’ve seen it happen with other first-timers.

Thankfully things went well but I still need to learn how to corner!

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Cool idea, but any lakes or streams around my piece of the globe are going to have boulders or stumps that would make short work of those delicate foils.

Does it sink or float btw?
It floats on its side when you’re not on it. It sinks when you’re on it - if you stop pedalling.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
That came up on my feed yesterday ! :)

Mrs B looked like a natural ! It's funny how most guys wives on the forum seem to be more capable than they are ! ;):p

What's the battery life like ??

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
That came up on my feed yesterday ! :)

Mrs B looked like a natural ! It's funny how most guys wives on the forum seem to be more capable than they are ! ;):p

What's the battery life like ??
I’ll check what the manual says when we get home. We’re in the Bay of Islands at the moment on a short MTB holiday. It’s the kind of place where we really should’ve taken the hydrofoiler I know, but we only had room for two eBikes, so we had to leave it.

Anyway GrannyB is fully immersed in ‘dry’ eBiking for now... and her more recent dismounts are, shall we say... fully grounded.

97617E53-AE31-49E7-A55A-D5CC30F66955.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles