Loose Crank Arm - 2019 Turbo Levo Comp

mjaybo

Aug 27, 2019
Scarborough
Hi guys

My left crank arm keeps coming loose, has anyone got any ideas?

I take it this isnt normal. Bike is just coming up to a month old.

Thanks

Mark

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I'll go with with the basics .. might not be tight enough ? I did my Kenevo the other day to the correct torque settings, but then it came loose. I think even though it was in theory correct, it hadn't pulled on all the way. So try putting it on, tightening it correctly, riding it for a couple of KM's then tightening again. If it's not that then maybe some loctite or equivalent. Both sides are standard thread, so I think the left side can unwind itself quite easily.

mjaybo

Aug 27, 2019
Scarborough
I'll go with with the basics .. might not be tight enough ? I did my Kenevo the other day to the correct torque settings, but then it came loose. I think even though it was in theory correct, it hadn't pulled on all the way. So try putting it on, tightening it correctly, riding it for a couple of KM's then tightening again. If it's not that then maybe some loctite or equivalent. Both sides are standard thread, so I think the left side can unwind itself quite easily.

Thanks, I will get the ratchet out when i get home as i only had my allen keys with me. If this doesnt work. I will dig the Loctite out!!

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
It needs 50nm torque, so very unlikely you got anywhere near that with an allen key, and both the spindle and threads should be greased....so no Loctite. It may help to remove the retaining ring once the crank is off then re install the crank without it so you can be sure it is fully on. Refix the retaining ring once you have torqued up the crank bolt. Crank bolt is right hand thread both sides ( anti clockwise to undo). Retaining rings can be left or right hand thread but they should not be very tight so easy to determine which way to remove/reinstall.

DS.

Mar 15, 2019
Devon
Mine is doing the same thing feels like it keeps moving and it creeks when it moves and it’s tight

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Make sure everything is clean and the self extractor is not loose. Lightly grease splines and thread and torque to 50nm. Main reason for any high torque fixing coming loose is that torque is not correct due to dirt or friction giving a false reading.

Duke

Feb 15, 2021
Germany
Make sure everything is clean and the self extractor is not loose. Lightly grease splines and thread and torque to 50nm. Main reason for any high torque fixing coming loose is that torque is not correct due to dirt or friction giving a false reading.

@Specialized Rider Care

Just a question to the torque.
On the crankscrew is a print with 50 NM.
In all manuals and workbook even the 2022 version Speci says 40. What is right?

73Steff

E*POWAH Master
Sep 11, 2018
Haslemere Surrey
I’ve had a pair under warranty as OG ones kept coming loose, then creaking, took off, cleaned and re torque down, then loose and creak again……

New ones sorted both issues so far.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
@Specialized Rider Care

Just a question to the torque.
On the crankscrew is a print with 50 NM.
In all manuals and workbook even the 2022 version Speci says 40. What is right?
It seems most agree it should 40nm. I have removed my non drive side crank a few times and retightened to 40nm and never had any problems with it coming loose.

Duke

Feb 15, 2021
Germany
It seems most agree it should 40nm. I have removed my non drive side crank a few times and retightened to 40nm and never had any problems with it coming loose.

Today i received an answer from german Rider care they say 50 NM :

Hallo Frank,

danke für Deine Anfrage.

Der richtige passende Drehmoment für Deine Kurbel liegt bei 50NM ,

anbei sende ich Dir die Schematik Deines Bikes als PDF zu, hier findest Du alle wichtigen Drehmomente.

Schönen Wochenstart und Ride On

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles