Levo Gen 2 Longest dropper post for Levo size L

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
like the title says.
on my size large levo I have around 65mm of post exposed and its too much, even with the seat fully down, when riding rough stuff it hits me in the arse, or worse and for some reason, takes my feet off the pedals.
but if I slam the hole post into the frame, its fine but then its not high enough when I want to pedal

whats the longest post that can fit, or you have fitted to a large levo?

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
I think it can go down for about cm, I'm pretty sure it cannot be slammed it all the way in ... It comes with pins with which is possible to shorten the travel by 1cm increments ...

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
That’s interesting, my lbs measured my large Levo and checked OneUp site, then told me the longest one that would fit was the180mm. I would love a 210 like @dobbyhasfriends, I’ll Have a look again tomorrow, be great if a 210 does fit.
just from using a tape measure on the seat tube, it looks like 170-180 is possible but after that the cable wont make the curve but im not sure because ive not taken the post out, planning on doing that tomorrow

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
just from using a tape measure on the seat tube, it looks like 170-180 is possible but after that the cable wont make the curve but im not sure because ive not taken the post out, planning on doing that tomorrow
Let me know how you get on @dobbyhasfriends, be great if a 210 fits, it just wasn’t worth the cost of going from 150 to 180. I’ll try and measure up too.

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
Measured my Levo (carbon) today and used the OneUp selector and got the result below. So my lbs was right about 180 being the longest that would fit a large Levo, and that will require shims too.

Also, I measured the current X-Fusion dropper which is meant to be 150mm, it is actually 140. Using the 180 OneUp would give an additional 20-40mm drop depending on the insertion depth.

1653229213586.png

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Measured my Levo (carbon) today and used the OneUp selector and got the result below. So my lbs was right about 180 being the longest that would fit a large Levo, and that will require shims too.

Also, I measured the current X-Fusion dropper which is meant to be 150mm, it is actually 140. Using the 180 OneUp would give an additional 20-40mm drop depending on the insertion depth.

View attachment 88599
nice work mate!
I dont understand, why the shims instead of buying a 180 post?

Andy__C

Apr 11, 2020
South Wales
I got in touch with One-Up regarding this item - I wanted a 210 dropper for my large '19 expert but also wanted it slammed.

They were really helpful - sent me the Levo schematic and linked it to their dropper posed insertion lengths and suggested the 180mm vs the 210mm. I got the 180mm and am happy with it. Here's a paste of their email:

"
Hi there Andrew,

Thank you for your contacting us,

I'm excited for your dropper post upgrade!

Great question -

Our 210mm has a insertion length of 297mm, see measurement F in the chart below:

Screenshot 2021-03-29 142943.jpg

It looks like the Levo has a maximum insertion length of 255mm, based off of these measurements.

Based on this, you'll be able to fit the 210mm but it looks like you won't be able to have it fully slammed.

Your best bet may be to go with the 180mm post, depending on your current riding height.
This will give you the longest drop and the most amount of insertion into your frame.

Hopefully that helps guide you into the right direction.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
I got in touch with One-Up regarding this item - I wanted a 210 dropper for my large '19 expert but also wanted it slammed.

They were really helpful - sent me the Levo schematic and linked it to their dropper posed insertion lengths and suggested the 180mm vs the 210mm. I got the 180mm and am happy with it. Here's a paste of their email:

"
Hi there Andrew,

Thank you for your contacting us,

I'm excited for your dropper post upgrade!

Great question -

Our 210mm has a insertion length of 297mm, see measurement F in the chart below:

View attachment 88813

It looks like the Levo has a maximum insertion length of 255mm, based off of these measurements.

Based on this, you'll be able to fit the 210mm but it looks like you won't be able to have it fully slammed.

Your best bet may be to go with the 180mm post, depending on your current riding height.
This will give you the longest drop and the most amount of insertion into your frame.

Hopefully that helps guide you into the right direction.
awesome, great info. 180 is the way to go it seems !!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles