Long time MTB'er, newb eMTB'er

JWDubois

Aug 5, 2023
US
I'm in East Tennessee and I've been riding MTBs for almost forty years. In the last few years I've been slowing down considerably and these East Tennessee hills have been kicking my a$$ so much that it just wasn't fun to ride my favorite trails anymore. As a result, I've not been riding much at all and got even further out of shape.

Out of the blue, my wife came up to me the other day and said, "I want an ebike". I don't know where this came from, but OK, fine by me.

So I bought her a Liv and bought myself a Specialized Turbo Levo Expert. The '22 model was on sale for 25% off.

I've just gotten in one shakedown ride so far, but it feels great. Going uphill it sure makes you feel like a skinny kid hopped up on EPO. I can't wait to try it out on some of the gnarly climbs around here.

Last edited:

Rikshaw

Jul 5, 2023
Sussex
Bought an eMTB recently too never went for a nukeproof megwatt. ALways thought I would never get one then saw how many laps people were getting in at my local bikepark and said sod it im getting older and have always hated pushing or trying to ride up hill to the ride down. haha
Been a Downhill biker since since I was 13. 37 now.. used to race competitively up to the age of 25 in most of the Uk races but then work life got in the way, plus the cost .

20230801_145057.jpg 20230801_113038.jpg

May 4, 2018
Canberra
I'm in East Tennessee and I've been riding MTBs for almost forty years. In the last few years I've been slowing down considerably and these East Tennessee hills have been kicking my a$$ so much that it just wasn't fun anymore to ride my favorite trails anymore. As a result, I've not been riding much at all and got even further out of shape.

Out of the blue, my wife came up to me the other day and said, "I want an ebike". I don't know where this came from, but OK, fine by me.

So I bought her a Liv and bought myself a Specialized Turbo Levo Expert. The '22 model was on sale for 25% off.

I've just gotten in one shakedown ride so far, but it feels great. Going uphill it sure makes you feel like a skinny kid hopped up on EPO. I can't wait to try it out on some of the gnarly climbs around here.
well done mate. Im sure most of us here tell the same story. For me it was being able to ride 2-4 times a week versus once a week on the acoustic. Good that you also have a riding partner with your wife. That we you can go away and explore new trails without the guilts ;)

Enjoy

JWDubois

Aug 5, 2023
US
well done mate. Im sure most of us here tell the same story. For me it was being able to ride 2-4 times a week versus once a week on the acoustic. Good that you also have a riding partner with your wife. That we you can go away and explore new trails without the guilts ;)

Enjoy

I don't think I'll ever get her onto the technical trails that I like, but if I can get her off the paved trails and onto gravel roads and smooth single track it'll be a victory.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles