Long cable dropper options with MM compatible 1x remotes?

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
So i need a longer dropper >150 as the Fox isn't long enough, plus once using the 1x remote it pushes the brakes too far in board.

What are my options? Want to keep it cable as it's already been routed.
- KS Lev Integra 175
-9point8 (170/200)

Also, i need the remote to be matchmaker compatible, i don't know whether the standard remotes with the above posts and others are, or whether it would need a 3rd party remote like Wolftooth etc..

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Or get the new brand X 170mm - bargain and you could pair it with a wolf tooth remote

Brand-X Ascend XL 170mm Dropper Seatpost | Chain Reaction Cycles

Wolf Tooth Components ReMote Light Action Lever SRAM

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 09.29.05.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 09.29.52.png

Re-Cycle

Jul 13, 2018
Netherlands
I'm very happy with the Bike Yoke 160mm in my (non e-) bike. It works super smooth, the remote lever is a good one and can be attached to Shimano or Sram brakes (you can choose the version, I've got the one with a clamp since I'm using gripshifters).

The "revive" option takes a few seconds, but it saves you the potential trouble that an IFP design often gives. And you don't have to "revive" it often, even if I transport the bike lying in the car it's usually not necessary to do so.

It's certainly a dropper I would recommend.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Fair few members with the Revive who have noting but good thing to say about it.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I have a brand new boxed and unused Brand-X 170mm dropper here. (31.6)
The new B-X remote is a huge improvement over the original. (not far off the Bontrager remote a lot of previous model B-X owners swap to)
Message me if interested.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
In fact i would highly recommend the wolf tooth remote no matter what post you get.

Just as an update, I have just switched from the Woolftooth to the new PNW Loam Lever, and i think its a better bit of kit - quality of the bolts is better (heads on the WT got burred pretty easy), and IMO the lever shape is nicer, and lots of other nice little features. Cheaper too!

Vitus E-Sommet VR - EMTB Forums

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
In fact i would highly recommend the wolf tooth remote no matter what post you get.

Just as an update, I have just switched from the Woolftooth to the new PNW Loam Lever, and i think its a better bit of kit - quality of the bolts is better (heads on the WT got burred pretty easy), and IMO the lever shape is nicer, and lots of other nice little features. Cheaper too!

Vitus E-Sommet VR - EMTB Forums
You're kidding lol, I just ordered the wolf tooth last night

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Wolf tooth is still top notch, my main reason for changing was to do with the Shimano controller, an issue you don't have on the levo. If it wasn't for that i would have stuck with it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles