Levo Gen 2 Levo TCU Battery

HGmtb

Patreon
Jan 16, 2019
Sydney
Haven't found a single mention of the little TCU battery anywhere on the internet - I assume it lasts nearly forever, but what if it doesn't ?
Is there any chance that if it is dead, it causes the "I have to pull the battery connector out and then plug it back in again to get the bike to switch on" problem?

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
Haven't found a single mention of the little TCU battery anywhere on the internet - I assume it lasts nearly forever, but what if it doesn't ?
Is there any chance that if it is dead, it causes the "I have to pull the battery connector out and then plug it back in again to get the bike to switch on" problem?

It can be replaced, its in the manual (page 10 in the UK manual) :)

1. Levo models are all equipped with the TCU display. The display turns on the motor, and provides access to the support modes options, as well as the battery state of charge and error codes.
    • To pair the TCU display with the Mission Control app, the pincode located on the bottom of the TCU display must be entered in the app (the display must be removed from the frame to see it). The code is also located on the removable frame decal on the top tube.
    • To replace the 1620 coin cell battery, use tweezers to pull the battery out. When installing a new battery, make sure it is fully inserted.
    • The micro-USB port below the battery port is for Authorized Specialized Retailer and Specialized Service Center diagnostic use only. Please ensure the USB rubber seal is always correctly pressed in and firmly closed.

Eduardoramundo

Aug 8, 2019
Glasgow
Did you find a fix to your issue of unplugging the batter to get bike to turn on? Thanks

This is often caused by moisture in this plug. Try drying it out.

429594C0-8231-44FA-B6D4-717180AA2745.jpeg

HGmtb

Patreon
Jan 16, 2019
Sydney
Red and Blue flashing lights appeared today when I turned on the bike - and according to this list of errors, #6 means my TCU battery is on the way out. It lasted less than a year and a half !

Levo Red & Blue Light Errors.jpg

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
This was useful. I got the flashing lights today. PANIC! I thought after 2.5 years my luck had ran out and I had a failure.
Looks like error number 6 low battery though. Still appears to work fine.
Better get a 1620 battery ordered.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
That was a proper awkward job. You would need the world's smallest tweezers to be able to pull that battery out from the slot.
I had to pop the lid off the tcu then push the battery out from the back.

IMG_20230424_103707.jpg

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
if tweezers fail.....................a zip tie and a blob of superglue............wait a few minutes and pull..........voila!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles