Levo SL Gen 1 Levo SL woes.

chinesederek

Feb 6, 2020
Windermere
So, I am now in my second Levo SL after the first was replaced under warranty due to a pivot bolt failure. But the replacement bike is now on its 3rd motor, second TPU, full set of replacement frame bearings and mow I’m being told that the forks have got to be sent back to Spesh on account of them creaking!!

Do I push for a new replacement bike? Shop tells me that I’m the only SL owner that they’ve had who’s had any issues. What do you guys think??

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
Shop tells me that I’m the only SL owner that they’ve had who’s had any issues

Maybe you are their only SL owner!
It sounds like you have grounds for a refund as your bike is not fit for purpose, and they have already had a number of chances to fix it.
If you have already had two of this model and they have both been faulty, why would you want another replacement of the same model?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
The SL's generally incredibly reliable. Your situation very much falls outside of the norms. So I've tagged SRC in, with the hope them see the notification and with luck, contact you to try to work out what's going on.

SNEEZE

Sep 15, 2020
LAFAYETTE
So, I am now in my second Levo SL after the first was replaced under warranty due to a pivot bolt failure. But the replacement bike is now on its 3rd motor, second TPU, full set of replacement frame bearings and mow I’m being told that the forks have got to be sent back to Spesh on account of them creaking!!

Do I push for a new replacement bike? Shop tells me that I’m the only SL owner that they’ve had who’s had any issues. What do you guys think??
Maybe you using the Plant3 is the issue?

DarrenCC

Apr 3, 2021
Hertfordshire
Wow, are you riding it particularly hard?! My SL hasn’t missed a beat yet and the only thing I don’t really like is the 34 fork, I just can’t quite find the sweet spot with it. I will probably upgrade to a Mezzer. I can’t imagine having issues yet with the bearings or motor but I’m still on pretty low mileage

chinesederek

Feb 6, 2020
Windermere
Update - great service from the LBS who have put a set of loaner forks on the Levo SL whilst the 34’s are sent back to Fox under warranty.

Just set off for a quick ride -new motor (3rd one) intermittently cutting out FFS!!! So, bike has to go back to LBS again. If it’s a loose connector that just needs to be clicked home then great, but anything more than that and I will be demanding a full replacement or full refund.

Am at my wits ends now with this bike. ☹️

DarrenCC

Apr 3, 2021
Hertfordshire
If you are still having problems with the bike on multiple motors then surely there’s a good chance that the problem is with something else on the bike. Battery connector or tcu connector? Some poor connection in the wiring loom maybe? Seems too coincidental to have three faulty motors on the trot when most other owners have no problems at all..? I guess your lbs (if they are the specialized dealer) should be looking into this for you rather than having to search for the cause yourself

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles