Levo SL Gen 1 Levo SL 2023 Megathread

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
D
I’ll try and do what you have asked over the next week.
I would try and contact Francois on MTBR though. His figures can’t really lie as far as I can tell and it’s possible that he has other data that he can share. He tested in full turbo. He’s also one of the testers that I trust to be impartial. I don’t think the same can be said of quite a few but that also stands against terse on many other brands too.
Do you have a link to the video?

Pete N

May 10, 2020
Surrey
I think this is the one. He does another where he does a direct comparison to the Fuel EXE too.
I first started reading his reviews when he was doing night light outputs etc. He tries to be fairly consitstent/scientific.

I also wonder if there was a software upgrade on the KSL over the Gen 1 Levo SL which makes the difference feel less. I’ve gone straight from Gen 1 to Gen 2 Levo SL.

Last edited:

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
I think this is the one. He does another where he does a direct comparison to the Fuel EXE too.
I first started reading his reviews when he was doing night light outputs etc. He tries to be fairly consitstent/scientific.

I also wonder if there was a software upgrade on the KSL over the Gen 1 Levo SL which makes the difference feel less. I’ve gone straight from Gen 1 to Gen 2 Levo SL.
I’ll check it out tonight.

This is why I’d love some screen recordings of power outputs. It should narrow down why there are such discrepancies.
My gen 1 LSL and KSL felt identical in power but I never updated them. It’s possible they made some running changes to modify the power delivery.
One thing I can guarantee, no difference between turbo’s with my KSL and two brand spanker Gen 2 LSLs.

Pete N

May 10, 2020
Surrey
Hey CJP
I’ve had Covid this week(not bad just felt a bit ropey) but I did a short steep climb today and did the screen recording. I don’t know what this means but the battery current reading was between 7.6 and 8A when in 100/100 Turbo with me working fairly hard but I’m not feeling my best so probably had a bit more to give when fit.
Hope that helps

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Hey CJP
I’ve had Covid this week(not bad just felt a bit ropey) but I did a short steep climb today and did the screen recording. I don’t know what this means but the battery current reading was between 7.6 and 8A when in 100/100 Turbo with me working fairly hard but I’m not feeling my best so probably had a bit more to give when fit.
Hope that helps
That’s perfect mate, thanks. Looks like your one of the lucky ones who got an as advertised Gen 2 motor.
Enjoy that extra grunt!

Pete N

May 10, 2020
Surrey
No problem. If you need anything else(firmwares/motor/battery/ serial number etc let me know. I’m sure you’ll get there eventually but that must be pretty frustrating at this point!

• Helpful
Reactions: CjP

Junior

Aug 8, 2020
Austin
Anyone know where to get the 145mm extender cable in the US? Specialized website doesn’t even list it as an available component on their site. Seems like UK shops have them, but not any US shops.

Rich-H

Apr 3, 2023
Hampshire
Did anyone installed shimano compatible chainring on gen2 cranks? Is it safe to buy any 104 BCD chainring?
Not exactly the same scenario but I tried to fit a steel 104 BCD SRAM T-type chainring and found that it didn't fit on the spider correctly. The mount interface on the spider has a recess which resulted in a flat chainring not mounting correctly, the supplied alloy chainring doesn't have this issue.

datoch

May 1, 2023
Georgia
Not exactly the same scenario but I tried to fit a steel 104 BCD SRAM T-type chainring and found that it didn't fit on the spider correctly. The mount interface on the spider has a recess which resulted in a flat chainring not mounting correctly, the supplied alloy chainring doesn't have this issue.
Thanks Rich-H,

Does original looks like this, with threads sticking out of the surface?

Screenshot 2023-08-17 at 20.31.37.png

datoch

May 1, 2023
Georgia
Yes something like that. The steel 104 BCD SRAM T-type chainring was flat in comparison...
I was thinking to buy OneUp 104 BCD, but it appears to be flat. Image I've attached is Garbaruk, but qeustion is: will it match spider recessions 🤔

Rich-H

Apr 3, 2023
Hampshire
I was thinking to buy OneUp 104 BCD, but it appears to be flat. Image I've attached is Garbaruk, but qeustion is: will it match spider recessions 🤔
Sorry deleted my previous post as I checked some old photos of the chainring and it was flat! I now can't remember why it didn't fit correctly as both the chainrings were flat! 🤔

If I recall correctly, they both physically fitted it's just there wasn't much thread engagement on the steel ring due to a slightly different design.

Last edited:

Rich-H

Apr 3, 2023
Hampshire
maybe distance between the bolts?

If it's not a hassle for you, can you check the distance?

Thanks

View attachment 122734
104BCD is 104BCD so no issues with the bolts fitting. It was something to do with not having much thread engagement with the the steel ring due to a slightly different design.

It could be an issue that was specific to that chainring. Unless someone else is running the Oneup chainring and can tell you otherwise, you might just need to purchase it and see if it fits okay.

Rich-H

Apr 3, 2023
Hampshire
maybe distance between the bolts?

If it's not a hassle for you, can you check the distance?

Thanks

View attachment 122734
I remember what is was now! There is a recess on the back of the chainring whereas on the steel chainring it was flat on both sides. This is why there was insufficient thread engagement on the bolts. It also resulted in the mounting bolts not being flush and running the risk of them fouling the frame/motor due to the tight clearance.

1692296857717.png

Last edited:

Rich the gasman

E*POWAH Master
May 4, 2019
North east
9625F622-81A2-48FC-A3A0-AFCA34E00D09.jpeg
Just had a demo on the new SL, had the previous SL before .
Have to say wasn’t blown away with it. The motor is much quiter tho and only under hard graft it makes similar noise to my FF . The battery would give me anxiety if I didn’t have a range extender but then that just adds to the weight ..
I tried numerous trails and off piste I’ve wrode for many years and back to back with my FF . Some it felt quicker more nimble in but overall it’s defo not worth the cost to change bikes . All for advancement in tech so for those that haven’t had an SL it’s an improvement .

Mondfuchs

Jun 24, 2019
Switzerland
Also saw a few details of another model, maybe the Pro?

View attachment 123089 View attachment 123090 View attachment 123091
this is in Europe the Expert Model - I've had made some picture when I was testing the new Levo SL
Also saw a few details of another model, maybe the Pro?

View attachment 123089 View attachment 123090 View attachment 123091
its Expert Model - here some live pics however, GX wasn't at that time installed as it was before launch
IMG_5374.jpeg
IMG_5373.jpeg
IMG_5375.jpeg

Junior

Aug 8, 2020
Austin
Very nice! What size is your bike? Does the range extender fits without issue? Lastly, what fork is that? I appreciate the input!
My bike is a S5 and yes the range extender fits without contact (I just got my extender and cable in the mail Tuesday. I think this shock actually has a bit more clearance than the float x that came on the bike. The reservoir is shorter.

The fork is a Manitou Mezzer Pro which I have always wanted to try (I ordered one in 2020, but something happen with their stock and they couldn't deliver it for several months and I decided to go another route). The fork is epic and I haven't even gotten a chance to open it up and make sure all the fluid levels are correct (which is highly recommended).

timo_

Mar 21, 2021
Germany
New bike day ⚡

Custom SW Levo SL..
- Trickstuff DRT Limited Stealth with raw C42 & Dächle HD 223/203mm rotors
- Roval Traverse HD Carbon 29"/27,5" with Cannibal Tires GG 2.4
- Burgtec Penthouse raw pedals
- 35mm Deity Stem

IMG_0798.jpeg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles