Levo SL Gen 1 Levo SL 2023 Megathread

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
Butttt...will the new motor fit the Kenevo SL...asking for a friend..;)
its does but the bash guard wont fit. and spesh not selling the motor as standalone.. ( so us out of warranty are screwed) so that video interview 3 years ago that was removed off youtube was a load of bull crap. I wont be buying one. My motor on my Gen1 is fine.

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
If you want to support your LBS just pay what they are asking - people are running on empty, inflation is rampant, and trying to make a LBS financial viable is nigh on impossible.

I also suspect the margins on the frame set a lot less, so more likely to get a discount on a whole bike.

I had a similar conversation with the owner - who I’ve been dealing with and buying multiple bikes from for many years (kids, wife, mine) as well as putting my bike in for servicing etc and buying bits.

I’m Ops Manager for an oil and gas company, and have the philosophy that we’re better to sell something at 2.5% markup (when we’d normally be looking for 15%) and get the sale… than not get the sale at all.

I said I wasn’t expecting 15% off, but I was looking for some sort of token discount. Once purchased, I’m needing a carbon mullet wheel set as well as a SRAM AXS XX Transmission - so that’d potentially be another £4000(ish)I’d be putting their way.

There ‘may’ be less margins on a frame only… but a frame only is simply a case of checking the firmware and handing it over. No build or test ride etc required… so the shops involvement and time is significantly less than a full bike. There’s also no free 6 week checkup required either… so the cost to the shop to sell a frame only must be significantly less.

gts66

Apr 5, 2023
France
Order placed ! Delivery next week !
So happy after months of waiting since I sold my gen 1 SL ! Can’t wait to try it !

Cb750stu

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
United Kingdom
Anybody have pics of the frame set ?? I have a 22 turbo levo pro with a ohlins coil , fox 38's with a smashpot, I'm sure everything will be transferable from my full fat to the SL 🤔
Regards 🤟

gts66

Apr 5, 2023
France
Only thing I miss now is the suspension calculator that has not been updated yet...Hope they will add the new SL soon

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
better off getting the comp at a slight discount. its the same frame with a different badge.
True… but I’m not really a fan of the colours they’re offering this year. I don’t know if the frame only option is the white or the black S-Works - but either would do. I’d prefer the white for a change though.

The article I just read a minute ago said the Comp had a different type of carbon to the S-Works. That used to be the case many years ago… but I thought they’d stopped doing that for the last couple years?

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
Looks like majority of the sound reduction is from new more sound-proof housing, meaning they could have probably done that from get-go in first-gen as well but someone decided the noise is ok.
Nice to see what few years of competition does.

Very questionable paint schemes, except the silver s-works frameset only.

rocco1109

May 4, 2023
Colorado USA
Just picked up my Comp S4. Hopefully will get to ride it tonight.

IMG_3273.JPG
IMG_3275.JPG
IMG_3276.JPG
IMG_3278.JPG

Pete N

May 10, 2020
Surrey
White S-Works frame is nicer than the black. If I got the black I’d get some decals made up to make it look like the 2021 S-Works that I have currently. Bronze Foil is stunning!
Doubt I’ll have the cash though

Ribinrobin

Subscriber
Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK
Just got back from riding my new comp. Motor noise is the same when under load, yes it’s a lot quite crusing a fire road but once putting down trail power it’s quite similar from my memory of the old levo.

Power is a massive difference it’s night and day.

Bike handles and rides amazing, it’s so good!

I got a weird noise that sounds like a turbo dump valve when I let off 😂

Dealer said they tried the motor in the KSL and it did fit. Take that how you want!

Great bike def a step up over the older model.

gts66

Apr 5, 2023
France
Just got back from riding my new comp. Motor noise is the same when under load, yes it’s a lot quite crusing a fire road but once putting down trail power it’s quite similar from my memory of the old levo.

Power is a massive difference it’s night and day.

Bike handles and rides amazing, it’s so good!

I got a weird noise that sounds like a turbo dump valve when I let off 😂

Dealer said they tried the motor in the KSL and it did fit. Take that how you want!

Great bike def a step up over the older model.
Thanks for sharing your first impressions !

How did you setup the suspension on your bike (pressure, rebond, compression) ? I did not find the bike yet in the suspension calculator on spesh website.
Thanks

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
Just picked up my Comp S4. Hopefully will get to ride it tonight.

View attachment 113570 View attachment 113571 View attachment 113572 View attachment 113573

Your Comp weighs within the margin of error (+/ - .25#) of the S-works, because you have a manual 12 speed and a non AXS dropper.

It wouldn't be too hard to get a trail spec SL2.0 to 37#s or so.

I've always considered my own SJEvo pretty much an Enduro bike and was left confused by the new SL's geo numbers, but I'm clearer now because as Spesh states in their marketing, the new SL is a trail bike.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Looks like majority of the sound reduction is from new more sound-proof housing, meaning they could have probably done that from get-go in first-gen as well but someone decided the noise is ok.
Nice to see what few years of competition does.

Very questionable paint schemes, except the silver s-works frameset only.

Where are you seeing the frameset only as an option? I can’t find it on Specialized’s UK site.

Ribinrobin

Subscriber
Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK
Thanks for sharing your first impressions !

How did you setup the suspension on your bike (pressure, rebond, compression) ? I did not find the bike yet in the suspension calculator on spesh website.
Thanks
I based it on the old Levo comp suspension set up. Rear felt good front needs about 10psi dropped. I also own a gen 3 Levo and the difference in handling is insane.

Ribinrobin

Subscriber
Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK
Interesting - I found it much quieter than my old SL
This is under riding load rob, so as I’m going hard pedalling. I didn’t hang about and found the noise good on fire roads and chilled things but basic climbs it peaks up again. Definitely better but not night and day. It’s worth noting I haven’t rode a SL in 3 years so might be wrong there.

The power difference is huge though.

ragetty

Nov 20, 2022
Bad Tölz, Germany
Lots of adjustment is a big plus.

A fixed battery, not really much quieter (and apparently making it quieter was only an afterthought – see Loamwolf report on YouTube), and an (for me) uninspiring frame format ( … totally subjective of course) are all deal killers for me … it may ride great, but I am really happy with my ‘coming any day now’ Trek Fuel EXe choice.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles