Levo SL Gen 1 Levo SL 2023 Megathread

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Apparently... when does your Embargo end? Any chance it will be up at 1 second after midnight tonight?
Ha ha… I was thinking the same. Someone mentioned a shop doing a midnight opening to release the bike… so I assume the embargo finishes at 12.

I assume Rob can’t even answer though… or maybe he could just say he has a new video coming tomorrow?

gts66

Apr 5, 2023
France
Levo SL release should be in the morning of the 4th California time ! EOD for us in Europe ! I was told around 6 pm :)

c0stunga

Apr 12, 2023
Germany
I think we can be sure that first reviews will go online after Spech announced the bike. The other way around would be a bit nonsense :D

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Tomorrow will be an anticlimax. We know everything about the bike.

Motor noise is the only unknown.
How it actually rides?! Whether the motor fits in an original SL? Range vs the original SL?

There are a few things I’m interested in seeing / hearing that I don’t know already!

emt8q5

May 3, 2023
USA
Awesome Thread.

Can't wait to see more ride reports.

Has anyone heard any details on when SL 1.2 motor will be coming to Creo SL or Vado SL?

Desert_Turtle

Mar 1, 2022
Palmdale, CA
My retailer said that while the motor is very similar, it’s doesn’t quite fit the same. There’s something about the bottom of the motor that makes it not backwards compatible. That being said who knows what kind of retro-fit kit they might come up with in the future. My understanding is that it IS NOT backwards compatible. I do not work for Specialized and I do not work in the industry. I just ride a lot, buy new bikes several times a year, and don’t have much else to worry about.

I don’t want to steal Specialized’s thunder but I will say the new bike and the Fuel EXe are definitely competitive. One is a better value and one I suspect is a better bike altogether…. but both are really good. I’m dying to hear what the online reviewers say.

Last edited:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
1683187444187.png

1683187488523.png

1683187547958.png

JetSetDemo

🍦Two Scoops🍦
Patreon
Apr 1, 2018
Ashby de la Zouch
It’s up on the US site now. The pro model looks great in pistachio green.

I pick mine up Saturday. I have gone for an s4 comp in salmon with full AXS fitted. I am upgrading the fork also to a lyric ultimate but I can only get the moss green one, I think it will work.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles