Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
spesh_jed.jpg

the force is strong with this one......

Reactions: Dax

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
Anyone heard if the new motor is now quiet?

Anyone with inside info can put the geo in a basic spreadsheet, and PM me with it, and I'll post it and delete their pm.

Staff member
Subscriber
Jul 15, 2020
FORUM
I don’t think it’s appropriate to do this on someone else’s site that is well respected in the industry. May 5th is not far away.
You are absolutely correct, thankyou for your consideration.

For the avoidance of doubt, there is an embargo in place and anyone posting spec sheets, geo charts, official photos or anything else the mod team deem in breach of that embargo will be banned until after the release.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
You are absolutely correct, thankyou for your consideration.

For the avoidance of doubt, there is an embargo in place and anyone posting spec sheets, geo charts, official photos or anything else the mod team deem in breach of that embargo will be banned until after the release.

What about made up specs? Can I keep posting them?

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
My next random thought...

Frame only options have always come with cranks / chainring in the past - and have been S-Works.

If the new SL comes as frame only, and has the new AXS Transmission - it'll have the SRAM carbon DUB crankset, and a specific 'Transmission' chain ring.

Does that mean anyone wanting a frame only will need to have a Transmission cassette / derailleur / chain?

wildsau2

Jul 6, 2018
Germany, Karlsruhe
My next random thought...

Frame only options have always come with cranks / chainring in the past - and have been S-Works.

If the new SL comes as frame only, and has the new AXS Transmission - it'll have the SRAM carbon DUB crankset, and a specific 'Transmission' chain ring.

Does that mean anyone wanting a frame only will need to have a Transmission cassette / derailleur / chain?
you cant mix
everything has to be SRAM T
frame only, intersting point btw

twitchyzero

Apr 11, 2023
PNW
They had an online dealer seminar. It exists and dealers can order them (Comps for now). I have seen pics. It has a new 50NM motor that is similar to the old one but is not backwards compatible. It’s very similar to Stumpjumper Evo in geo. The signature Specialized arm/brace thing that the shock mounts behind is gone. The battery is still 320 I think. The extender batteries from the old SL stil work.
ouch if the battery capacity has not increased after 3 years...

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
I too would prefer a bit more battery capacity. 400-460 seems about right to me.

Last edited:

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I really don't understand why you're still following this thread. All indications so far are that you won't be happy with the new LSL.

Jun 12, 2020
lake Tahoe
They had an online dealer seminar. It exists and dealers can order them (Comps for now). I have seen pics. It has a new 50NM motor that is similar to the old one but is not backwards compatible. It’s very similar to Stumpjumper Evo in geo. The signature Specialized arm/brace thing that the shock mounts behind is gone. The battery is still 320 I think. The extender batteries from the old SL stil work.
I was able to order a 2023 Levo SL Comp carbon, size S3, black, direct from my US Specialized Dealer today. He confirmed that he has several in reserve with Specialized. At the initial release, there will only be Comp Carbon and S-Works options available., with my name now first on his list. We are anticipating deliver in early May.

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
I really don't understand why you're still following this thread. All indications so far are that you won't be happy with the new LSL.

Not sure if this was directed at me, but I'm likely to shift from the Relay I have on hold to the new Levo SL and my dealer that deals in both, is aware of this.

All E-bikes are compromises, but the new Levo SL seems like the least compromised from the rumors we've heard for my usage case. Also, I currently ride an SJEvo and I adore that bike so adding a bit of power to that thing seems ideal.

The Relay is pretty amazing (best battery/ motor sweet spot, great geo & great dropper insertion) but imo they blew it with the removable battery.

320 watts seems a bit low, but ya know with a sub 40# AM bike, maybe it isn't? Either, way, I could live with it.

twitchyzero

Apr 11, 2023
PNW
I was able to order a 2023 Levo SL Comp carbon, size S3, black, direct from my US Specialized Dealer today. He confirmed that he has several in reserve with Specialized. At the initial release, there will only be Comp Carbon and S-Works options available., with my name now first on his list. We are anticipating deliver in early May.
how do you order without specs and price?

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
I ordered my Relay slot that way as the dealer ordered a group of them. I choose the build and size but they didn't have my color. At the time I didn't have geo or price but was just paying MSRP.

Have reached out to my dealer but they don't have any of the new SL's ordered yet.

c0stunga

Apr 12, 2023
Germany
Are there any official sales numbers for the current LSL. I really cannot tell how big of a player it is in the market. My dealer said he sells 4 per month, but without reference that tells me nothing.

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
Anyways, I just was given the option of a deposit on the Bright Orange Comp or the Matte Brown Comp (terrible choices!) so I placed a deposit on the Orange one as I've always ridden KTM MX bikes.

I also still have a Relay deposit. I'll decide which bike once the details are released however a very quiet motor in the SL has been confirmed by someone that actually rode it at my dealer.

Ribinrobin

Subscriber
Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK
Anyways, I just was given the option of a deposit on the Bright Orange Comp or the Matte Brown Comp (terrible choices!) so I placed a deposit on the Orange one as I've always ridden KTM MX bikes.

I also still have a Relay deposit. I'll decide which bike once the details are released however a very quiet motor in the SL has been confirmed by someone that actually rode it at my dealer.
Did you see these colours or going in blind?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles