Levo SL Gen 1 Levo SL 2023 Megathread

c0stunga

Apr 12, 2023
Germany
Is it possible that we are going to see the Levo SL and also an Epic SL? This would maybe explain those conflicting rumours.

Apr 11, 2023
Japan
They had an online dealer seminar. It exists and dealers can order them (Comps for now). I have seen pics. It has a new 50NM motor that is similar to the old one but is not backwards compatible. It’s very similar to Stumpjumper Evo in geo. The signature Specialized arm/brace thing that the shock mounts behind is gone. The battery is still 320 I think. The extender batteries from the old SL stil work.
Yeah. My local dealer here in Japan told me that they have been invited to an unveiling of the new Levo SL on around May 5. The event will only allow official dealers to test the new Levo SL. So it is happening. He told me to watch the Japan Specialized website for sales of the new Levo SL. But he said that while you can order them, you'll have to wait.

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
What’s this?
F0155179-209C-4187-A805-D02A01CAE086.jpeg

Apr 11, 2023
Japan
My Kenevo SL has the front brake on the right side, like a motocross bike, but my new Levo has the front brake on the left side. Is this a mistake? I bought the Levo a few days ago in Taiwan, but the Kenevo SL was bought in Japan. I just realized that the front brake on the Levo is on the left side of the bicycle. I'm not sure what is going on here. Can anyone tell me why the SL has the front brake on the right, while the regular Levo has the front brake on the left?

Apr 11, 2023
Japan
Must be an old Gen1 Levo, the Purgatory rear tyre is a dead giveaway
Is your reply to me? If so, I thought that all of the bikes had the front brake on the right - like a motorcycle. I'm not sure what to think here. Searching YouTube right now for tutorials on how to change the front brake over to the right.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
My Kenevo SL has the front brake on the right side, like a motocross bike, but my new Levo has the front brake on the left side. Is this a mistake? I bought the Levo a few days ago in Taiwan, but the Kenevo SL was bought in Japan. I just realized that the front brake on the Levo is on the left side of the bicycle. I'm not sure what is going on here. Can anyone tell me why the SL has the front brake on the right, while the regular Levo has the front brake on the left?
Front brake on the left is a Euro/American thing. I’m from the US and that’s what I’m used too. I have a bike that was built by a shop here in Scotland and they set it up moto style, I about killed myself on the first ride. Grabbed a handful of what should have been rear brake and over the bars I went.

Apr 11, 2023
Japan
Front brake on the left is a Euro/American thing. I’m from the US and that’s what I’m used too. I have a bike that was built by a shop here in Scotland and they set it up moto style, I about killed myself on the first ride. Grabbed a handful of what should have been rear brake and over the bars I went.
Yeah. I'm not Japanese. But my Kenevo SL which I bought in Japan has the front brake on the right, which I've gotten used to. I come from a motocross background, also. So I guess it's standard to actually have the front brake on the left. I wonder why the Japanese Kenevo SL has the front brake on the right. I didn't even know that the front / rear brake levers are put on different sides on the same bicycle in different countries. I thought it was standard to always have them on the same side, regardless of country. Yeah, I can see how you could have endoed by grabbing too much front brake, not being used to it. I have two bikes with two different set ups, which is not cool. I'll have to figure out how to change one of them so that they're both the same.

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
probably just region specific? my Levo had the rear on the left when I bough it in the UK.
Its easy to swap them over.

Dave_B

Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
Is your reply to me? If so, I thought that all of the bikes had the front brake on the right - like a motorcycle. I'm not sure what to think here. Searching YouTube right now for tutorials on how to change the front brake over to the right.
if they are SRAM, just swap them over, no need to disconnect the hoses, just remove from bars and swap them.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Yeah. I'm not Japanese. But my Kenevo SL which I bought in Japan has the front brake on the right, which I've gotten used to. I come from a motocross background, also. So I guess it's standard to actually have the front brake on the left. I wonder why the Japanese Kenevo SL has the front brake on the right. I didn't even know that the front / rear brake levers are put on different sides on the same bicycle in different countries. I thought it was standard to always have them on the same side, regardless of country. Yeah, I can see how you could have endoed by grabbing too much front brake, not being used to it. I have two bikes with two different set ups, which is not cool. I'll have to figure out how to change one of them so that they're both the same.
I bought my Levo here in the UK and had the shop set it up with the the front brake on the left. I’ve been told it’s UK law that the front brake has to be on the right when being sold by a bike shop. Obviously it’s not enforced but I thought that was kind of funny. It’s really just a preference thing, easy to swap around though.

JetSetDemo

🍦Two Scoops🍦
Patreon
Apr 1, 2018
Ashby de la Zouch
No reply was for the picture, have you tried posting in the tech thread, this was just some banta that’s been running, this thread is the new SL rumours thread.

I’m terrible at the tech stuff but can you not just swap the levers over?

Apr 11, 2023
Japan
No reply was for the picture, have you tried posting in the tech thread, this was just some banta that’s been running, this thread is the new SL rumours thread.

I’m terrible at the tech stuff but can you not just swap the levers over?
Yeah, it seems so. I'll try and figure it out. Found a 6 year old video on youtube that seems to show how to do it. Looks a little complicated from what I can see the guy doing, but I'll have to watch the whole thing.

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD

Depends on your region. UK front brake is on the right, euro/USA is on left. Pretty easy to swap over, particularly if you have sram brakes. Pita if you are from the UK and renting bikes overseas.

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
I bought my Levo here in the UK and had the shop set it up with the the front brake on the left. I’ve been told it’s UK law that the front brake has to be on the right when being sold by a bike shop. Obviously it’s not enforced but I thought that was kind of funny. It’s really just a preference thing, easy to swap around though.
If you've ever ridden motorcycles, front brake on the right is absolutely not a "preference thing"!

gts66

Apr 5, 2023
France
Who needs front brakes anyway ?

Coming back to our favorite topic the new Levo SL !

I heard it would brake using Amazon Alexa avoiding any brake levers to be lighter and cleaner cockpit !

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles