Levo SL Gen 1 Levo SL 2023 Megathread

sluette

Aug 9, 2022
Deutschland
It becomes more dynamical, easier to cut corners. Due to the lowered rear, the steering angle is a bit flatter, I imagine the fork would respond better. I didn't notice these effects on the #Status and dismissed Mullet as bling bling, perhaps because I had no comparison of how the bike would have ridden at 29".
I've been riding the LSL 29" for 1 year now and mullet for 2 weeks now and the difference is noticeable.
And yes, I’m still riding it in the low setup, 160mm at the front and do not have problems with ground clearance.

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
Would you post a photo from side? I am toying with idea of converting my wife' LSL to Mullet (I did so for my KenevoSL and I am super happy) but the seat angle is already rather wack at dual 29" low-BB setting and 170mm fork. I would lower the fork to 160 with mullet.

sluette

Aug 9, 2022
Deutschland
index.php

gts66

Apr 5, 2023
France
It becomes more dynamical, easier to cut corners. Due to the lowered rear, the steering angle is a bit flatter, I imagine the fork would respond better. I didn't notice these effects on the #Status and dismissed Mullet as bling bling, perhaps because I had no comparison of how the bike would have ridden at 29".
I've been riding the LSL 29" for 1 year now and mullet for 2 weeks now and the difference is noticeable.
And yes, I’m still riding it in the low setup, 160mm at the front and do not have problems with ground clearance.
Can't wait to try the new one then :) thanks for the reply !

MLX John

Jun 20, 2020
albuquerque, nm
The SL motor uses a proprietary crank standard that is failure prone with no aftermarket options, correct?

What kind of real world weights have people gotten with their existing SL?

Just trying to learn about the platform. Thanks
My large SL is built as a trail bike. 160mm Pike Ult, Fox DPS, Spez 2.3 Grid tires. Alloy wheels, Bike Yoke R, titanium railed saddle. As pictured with full water bottle, tube strap w/2 c02 cartridges, 1 Up pump with integrated EDC tool →42.77 pounds. With just the water bottle cage (pump, water, tube strap in my hydration pack)→39.35 pounds. This is with pedals/tubeless btw. Add 2.3 pounds when running the battery extender/extender cable.

20230130_174131.jpg

Last edited:

c0stunga

Apr 12, 2023
Germany
I heard that cheapest alloy SL will be around 4700-5000€ . Would be great, but I think my dealer must have read the retailer buying prices 😀

Desert_Turtle

Mar 1, 2022
Palmdale, CA
The Comp build will be identical to that of the current Levo Comp….base Fox suspension (36/float x), Code brakes, and GX group set. Not terrible. Since the Comp Carbon SL is priced at $8k I’m imagining that the alloy version will be $7k….maybe $6500. The one positive thing about it is that the price of the new bike is less than the old one and it’s spec’d better. Specialized does not have to compete on price so don’t expect them to even try to compete with Orbea. All I’m going to say about that is try to get anything done under warranty for an Orbea in the US vs a Specialized. I’d gladly pay the difference for the Specialized.

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
The Comp build will be identical to that of the current Levo Comp….base Fox suspension (36/float x), Code brakes, and GX group set. Not terrible. Since the Comp Carbon SL is priced at $8k I’m imagining that the alloy version will be $7k….maybe $6500. The one positive thing about it is that the price of the new bike is less than the old one and it’s spec’d better. Specialized does not have to compete on price so don’t expect them to even try to compete with Orbea. All I’m going to say about that is try to get anything done under warranty for an Orbea in the US vs a Specialized. I’d gladly pay the difference for the Specialized.

Comp version for 8k... what about S-Works? I thought a frame only was going to be about 7.5k.

When I got the 2019 Levo SL, it was cheaper to buy an Comp or Expert and change all the components than buy the S-Works. Since they share the same frame, the only thing you're losing out on by doing this is the S-Works badge... plus I got to pick exactly what I wanted (Magura, Rocksho, Enve etc).

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Comp version for 8k... what about S-Works? I thought a frame only was going to be about 7.5k.

When I got the 2019 Levo SL, it was cheaper to buy an Comp or Expert and change all the components than buy the S-Works. Since they share the same frame, the only thing you're losing out on by doing this is the S-Works badge... plus I got to pick exactly what I wanted (Magura, Rocksho, Enve etc).
I would want a frame only so I can just take parts off one of my amish bikes that doesn’t get ridden anymore to complete it. I was thinking the same thing, if a frame only is $7500 then you’d actually make money buying the comp and parting it out.

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I would want a frame only so I can just take parts off one of my amish bikes that doesn’t get ridden anymore to complete it. I was thinking the same thing, if a frame only is $7500 then you’d actually make money buying the comp and parting it out.
My plan was to steal most parts off my current Levo SL, and then sell it as a Frame Only. Depending on the price, I might be better getting a Comp and using the the parts from that to make my 2019 a complete bike to sell.

I think the S Works is going to be $14k
That is madness. I guess it'll come fully kitted out with AXS and Flight Attendant suspension?

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
The old S-works was $15K with no Flight Attendant.

The S-Works completes are for a particular type of customer who doesn't mind paying a premium to buy someone's idea of 'the best' as time is more important to them than money.

Some would argue that we are the fools for screwing around researching all this stuff when we could just be furthering our career instead. To each their own.

gts66

Apr 5, 2023
France
The old S-works was $15K with no Flight Attendant.

The S-Works completes are for a particular type of customer who doesn't mind paying a premium to buy someone's idea of 'the best' as time is more important to them than money.

Some would argue that we are the fools for screwing around researching all this stuff when we could just be furthering our career instead. To each their own.
+ after sales benefits of just dropping the bike if any issues with it 😁

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
I mean, 70perc. of bikes posted in Kenevo SL thread are S-Works, and they occupy almost exclusively the first year of that thread (to be objective, at that time only S-Works and rather poor-colored Expert was available). When Comp became available, me and many others jumped on wagon for custom builds, but I fully believe majority of KSLs sold were S-Works, rather unique in line-up of bikes.

It was also rather nice kit, though funnily the cost of parts was much lower by about 1-2K than the sticker price. Even nowadays, all the unsold KSLs are the experts, few comps, but almost no S-Works.

Ribinrobin

Subscriber
Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK
same here:

View attachment 112007
judging by the epic in front of it still the new epic. Imagine how sad everyone will be if the new SL is now super light because its a electric version of the epic evo.

Reactions: Dax

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles