Levo SL Gen 1 Levo SL 2023 Megathread

wildsau2

Jul 6, 2018
Germany, Karlsruhe
the new epic wc is real. look at the sram announcements of today. there are details of the new damper in vids

we have to wait 10 more days for the Sl 2 😂

and btw rotwild announced the rx275 today. TQ50 motor, sub 16kg

Last edited:

Desert_Turtle

Mar 1, 2022
Palmdale, CA
LBS had a lot to say about what’s going on at Specialized. Before I heard anything about the new SL they said that Specialized is cutting prices across the board by at least 10%. That’s was a while ago. Recently they said the new SL is coming very soon. When I asked how soon they said that it was a matter of weeks rather than months. Probably May. They had 3 predictions. 1) updated geo, 2) more power/bigger battery 3) the arm/strut thing in the middle of the chassis where the shock is will be gone. Heard that yesterday…..

smc_stefan

Oct 10, 2022
Austria
LBS had a lot to say about what’s going on at Specialized. Before I heard anything about the new SL they said that Specialized is cutting prices across the board by at least 10%. That’s was a while ago. Recently they said the new SL is coming very soon. When I asked how soon they said that it was a matter of weeks rather than months. Probably May. They had 3 predictions. 1) updated geo, 2) more power/bigger battery 3) the arm/strut thing in the middle of the chassis where the shock is will be gone. Heard that yesterday…..
This seems to be true, for the European market, Spesh introduced the Status this year, probably to offer good entry level bikes, then there was a sale for the Levo S-Works at 12.000 instead of 15.000 Euros and the '23 Levo S-Works is priced at an MSRP of "just" 13.500 Euros, so exactly 10% cheaper than before. There's also a sale going on for the Pro at 10.000 instead of 12.500. The other Levos seem to be a little cheaper than last year as well, but just a couple 100s of bucks.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
The arm strut thing is definitely gone, I’ve seen the new bike in person. The rider wouldn’t give any info though, I asked when it was going to be released and was told “soon”, whatever that means🤣😂

mitea

Sep 10, 2022
Switzerland - LU
The arm strut thing is definitely gone, I’ve seen the new bike in person. The rider wouldn’t give any info though, I asked when it was going to be released and was told “soon”, whatever that means🤣😂
Any news regarding the motor. Did you see anything special on the bike?

kmag

Jul 1, 2020
BC Canada
3E124537-9F5A-4935-80A9-B93E2BEA2A44.jpeg

There was a pic posted awhile back of what looked like the new LevoSL. Looks like a ripper! Just patiently waiting now…

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Any news regarding the motor. Did you see anything special on the bike?
No motor news or anything, just kind of looked over it and she rode away. The one she was riding was a S-Works model and had the flight attendant suspension on it. It still had the older AXS shifting as I’m guessing she got it before the new AXS transmission was available.

gbcoke

Aug 28, 2022
italy
The new sl doesnt seem to offer any intersting features to the e-light market.
45nm and a 360ish battery is not soemthing that makes me want to wait for this bike.
Transition Relay,Simplon Rapcon TQ,New Rise with 540w battery and the new Giant e-trance are more appealing imho at the moment.

mitea

Sep 10, 2022
Switzerland - LU
45nm and a 360ish battery is not soemthing that makes me want to wait for this bike.
Transition Relay,Simplon Rapcon TQ,New Rise with 540w battery and the new Giant e-trance are more appealing imho at the moment.
The longer they wait with the release the more outdated it will be i'm afraid

Last edited:

cañonaco

Feb 3, 2020
España
maybe you really need a full power model, the current Levo with 35 Nm and 320+160 is already almost perfect. 45 or 50 Nm are a great improvement, if the battery also grows a bit, it seems ideal

Neverbeentomoab

Jun 17, 2019
Middlesbrough
I got fed up of waiting for the new levo sl and ordered a full powered levo alloy comp when they got reduced recently. I managed to get 30% off the 22 levo so I’m more than happy with my choice.
The new sl was rumoured last January to be getting released last may it kept getting pushed back so I got fed up of waiting .
I’m picking my new bike up next Saturday so be ready for a press release about the new sl on Sunday morning 😀

MLX John

Jun 20, 2020
albuquerque, nm
Same here. Have gone full fat. Couldn't pass on $3k off the Expert Levo.
Have been waiting for the new SL for awhile. My SL is now for sale.
The Gen 3 Levo is amazing.

The claims that the Levo's weight seemingly disappears once you start riding are true. The Fox 38 and X2 are amazing. So fun.
IMG_20230322_093609_221.jpg

downduro

Mar 7, 2023
Oslo, Norway
Same here, went full fat and kept my regular enduro bike. Base Carbon with 700wh here, got a good deal and picking up on Saturday. Will put fox38 and AXS stuff on it right away, stoked!

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Same here, went full fat and kept my regular enduro bike. Base Carbon with 700wh here, got a good deal and picking up on Saturday. Will put fox38 and AXS stuff on it right away, stoked!
If you’re anything like me you’ll hardly ever touch your amish bikes again. My SB150 and SB130 both have cobwebs on them🤣😂 the only other bike I ride is my DJ bike. I’ve been debating just selling them all and just having the Levo.

downduro

Mar 7, 2023
Oslo, Norway
If you’re anything like me you’ll hardly ever touch your amish bikes again. My SB150 and SB130 both have cobwebs on them🤣😂 the only other bike I ride is my DJ bike. I’ve been debating just selling them all and just having the Levo.
Might very well be the case :D Ride bikepark a lot though so hope I will use regular bike.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Might very well be the case :D Ride bikepark a lot though so hope I will use regular bike.
There’s a guy I run into every now and then at Fort Bill, he has the cascade long shock kit and a fox 40 on his levo. He said he swaps to the 40 for the bike park but rides the 38 at 170 for everything else.

Loamranger

Dec 10, 2019
U.K.
The current model is already very good, with good kinematics. I would expect a steeper seat tube and longer front end, a slight increase in power (35 is already good in my book) so the battery size will be increased accordingly. 45/400? I imagine that they have worked hard to keep the weight to around the same as present model.

westcoastmtbr

Aug 22, 2019
California USA
The new Levo SL to come out in 2-3 months. 50nm same motor tweeked, choice of batteries, Mastermind, and S sizing, plus one revolutionary thing tbd. You heard it here.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles