Levo Gen 2 Levo shock upgrade to Ohlins

KirkRichards

Apr 20, 2020
Nottinghamshire
Hey there, looking to upgrade my shock from the standard rock Shox on my 2020 Levo. Finding the options limited due to the size. Seen an Ohlins TTX 22m coil shock that would fit.
Has anyone upgraded their shock, any other decent options? Anyone tried the Ohlins coil? Any good?

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
I'm using a Cane Creek DB Coil CS. It's available in the stock 210 x 52.5 size. Best upgrade I've made to the bike so far (and I've changed quite a bit : ). They really should spec a coil shock by default but I understand they're trying to keep weight and cost down.

The 2021 Fox DHX2 looks really nice as well. It is also available in 210 x 52.5 even though it's not listed on their site.

Last edited:

KirkRichards

Apr 20, 2020
Nottinghamshire
Thanks for both your replies, the Fox DHX2 sounds like an interesting option. Especially as I’m looking at a Fox 38 when they finally come back in stock

Tobers

Jun 20, 2020
England
I have a Levo SL and just put a DHX2 on it. It fits straight on at 210x52.5, including flip chip.

So far it is lovely and a big improvement over the standard air shock. I tried a few springs and have settled on a 600 SLS spring. Though pricey, they do keep the weight down a bit compared to the standard steel springs. I've got it set up on the plush side of sag, as I don't do mega jumps and suchlike. I set the comp & rebound as per the recommended settings and it feels great. It feels smoother, more controlled, and much more sophisticated than the stock shock. If I was doing more extreme riding I'd probably go for a progressive spring.

It's a bit of an experiment for me - I have never had coil suspension before and want to know what all the fuss is about. I'm liking the "set it and forget it" aspect.

I've got an Ohlins M.2 RXF coil fork with 44mm offset coming coming as well. I thought about Ohlins at the back as well but a good deal came up for the DHX2.

Expensive experiment though!!

20200904_174829.jpg

Vilt

Feb 13, 2019
Berg en Terblijt, The Netherlands
I have the Ohlins TTX for my 2019 Levo Comp. Best upgrade for the bike so far!!!

The folks at TFTuned helped me brilliantly. Told'm what I wanted, and they sent me the shock pre-configured with spring and all. Just had to slide it in the bike and voila.

It's so buttery smooth, it's ridiculous. In fact, I have a coil conversion for the fork coming this way. More coil!!

1599847599739.png

Reactions: CjP

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles